Chapter 4 :" Brave Enough "

Dedicated to Gokka_Makka ,for the lovely cover .

Swara was mad at her sister, her date, and her sister's date as he drove them back home in his car . She couldn't fathom how her sister could like Laksh or how Sanskar could support him.

" I understand your concern, but Laksh won't hurt your sister " was all Sanskar said about his cousin and nothing more during their date that she had first silently fumed at his silence then concentrated on the food because she had been hungry, only during the time of dessert did she found herself curious about her date and by then it was too late to learn more about him as well.

"Drive them home safely Laksh " her date had told his cousin before heading straight into the bar counter after Laksh and Ragini joined them .

"I will come to pick you up " Laksh answered back before walking them to his car, while she didn't want to accept his offer, her sister already agreed to it.

" So how was the date with my cousin," he asked on the ride back, his question had a thread of worry that she realized he was concerned about his cousin.

"How was your date? , or should I specify the time and hour so you can explain better " She answered back sarcastically until her sister pinched her hands asking her not to anger him .

"My date with your sister was amazing and unlike what you assume I will never forget today," he answered with such solemnity Swara could realize why everyone fell for him.

Something about Laksh irked her, his causal approach towards dating made her instantly dislike him. To her, he looked careless about his life and she didn't think he would be responsible even after he got married.

" Well that is good to know, your next date better come prepared " She replied back unable to stop herself from lashing out .

" Why is it your are so angry with me?, miss Swara . Have you recently got your heart broken by some scoundrel and you taking out that anger on me " he asked her genuinely confused for a moment, she didn't want to tell him it was never her heart but her mother's heart that made her cautious about empty words and promises .

So she was fortunate that they reached home before she could answer, while Laksh waxed poetics words as farewell to her sister, she was quick to bid goodbye and drag her sister inside in hopes of talking some sense into her before she agrees to marry him and tell that to their Dadi .

****************

Ragini wanted Swara to calm down and tell her that Laksh had no interest in her and in fact it was the first thing he told her after they got seated .

" Your sister is right you know about me not the marrying kind but she is wrong about me being a bad person," he told her at first and while part of her didn't like to hear the rejection, the other part of her felt relived to know she won't have to see her sister fighting for her yet again.

Because Ragini knew that she won't have a say when it comes to her marriage and if Swara felt that strongly about it, then she will fight on her behalf. And the last thing Ragini wanted was Swara to suffer because of her.

" She is very protective of me " Ragini answered back truthfully, she may not have known swara for long time but she knew it her nature to be protective .

" I understood that when she dragged you away, but from the looks of it I can see you intelligent enough to run away from me, yet here you are agreeing to the date . Why ?" He asked her and she couldn't answer him with truth, so held on to her silence and was thankful when he didn't press her for more answers .