Chapter 19:" Breaking Ice"

Three days later

Sujatha Ram Prasad Maheshwari looked at her family as they dined together in silence. Her son's seat was empty today as well. The miracle they all hoped didn't happen when Sanskar and Swara met again.

If Sujatha had hoped that by making them meet each other everything would work it's way out. She had been proven wrong because that night when Swara came to see her son. She hoped those two could talk it out, the misunderstanding, the anger, the pain over the distance they created between themselves.

Instead Swara ran away from his room in tears. It took Sujatha ten hours before Sanskar admitted she didn't say a word, but ran out.

Sujatha knew her son had hoped he would be able to make Swara forgive him for the silence. But now her silence had been his answer for three days. The whole Maheshwari family gave Swara the space and waited for her to come back.

72 hours later, they were left waiting still. Even Ragini was unable to get her sister to talk openly with her. Silence and more silence continued until Sujatha had enough.

"We need to do something ?" Sujatha spoke up and no one in her family asked her any question about her vagueness because they all are aware of what Sujatha considered to be a priority.

"What can we do Sujatha?. Sanskar won't leave his room and Swara won't leave her room according to her Grandparents. We need to give them space and time" her husband spoke up, but Sujatha was already shaking her head in answer.

No, time and space may heal lots of wounds, but for her son and Swara, the problem is they have been away from each other for so long. They no longer feel they know each other.

The tension and hurt keep each of them for approaching the other one out of fear and Sujatha had the perfect plan to break the ice between them.

She knew they didn't fundamentally change in the past few months. They were still the same persons who loved each other. Sujatha was going to make them see it for themselves.

"I think, I know what we need to do. But I need all your help" Sujatha spoke up and was glad her family stood by her side.

                      ******************

Swara starred at her phone and the message she had typed in it for the last one hour. She just needed a little courage to hit the send button, but her hand failed to comply with her heart.

She ran away from him. It was stupid and idiotic of her, but seeing him and having her fears confirmed made her run. Now three days later. She was still trying to find the words to talk with him.

"I am sorry", " can we talk","Sanskar", " didn't mean to run " they were variation of her message that remained un send from her phone.

Swara used to feel like she can talk with him about everything and now she was scared because nothing made sense anymore.

The time away from him made her scared about everything. She had kept remembering their last conversation over and over again. He said he loved her and she said it wasn't enough to erase the pain he caused her.

The Swara who longed to hear Sanskar say those three words, rejected him because he broke her heart by his abandonment.

She kept remembering Sanskar reasons for leaving her without a word. Back then nothing justified 9 months of silence to her broken heart. She understood he was confused about his heart, but leaving her without a word for so long felt like an unforgivable reason.

Until she learned the whole truth. He almost lost his life because of her. Now she faced with the truth that not only Sanskar loved her, but he risked his life to save her.