Chapter 11: " Having my Family by my side"

It was a small lie that shouldn't have caused any outcome and yet Swara was in tears because of her grandmothers word and how in spite of all the time that passed she was still the little girl looking from outside the house and not fully accepted inside.

So Sanskar comforting hug might have been a small gesture but it spoke volumes to her broken heart. By the time she stopped crying and walked back inside the house with him. Her Grandmother seemed to have decided to forget the conversation and go back to pretend as if it never happened.

Swara let it go as well because they had a bigger threat to worry about that hurt feelings between them. When her grandfather assured her that the house in the hometown is still on his name, Swara was vastly relieved because her Grandparents will have a home regardless of Sahil's manipulation.

It was hard for her grandmother to accept their house in town is closed off by Sahil but she was more worried about where Ragini and Swara will stay from now onwards more than the house.

" Move back home, leave the job and return home. I shouldn't have let two young girls live alone for this long" her grandmother spoke up and even her grandfather who initially supported Ragini and Swara's decision inclined to agree with her because of Sahil.

" Swara beta, listen to your grandmother. I can't let you girls stay there alone after I heard what that Sahil did to both of you. If you stay there he will continue to pester you and I am worried about that" her grandfather told her.

"You don't have to worry about your granddaughters, they are living with our family  and we will ensure they are safe. My lawyers are already working to resolve the legal issues with Sahil. " Sanskar spoke up assuring her Grandparents that they didn't pester Swara to change her mind after that but throughout the night Swara was worried about them.

Her first instinct had been to ensure her Grandparents safety, but she can't stay here forever either. She wasn't sure how long it will take to resolve Sahil's issue or even if they will be able to do anything to stop him from threatening them.

When Ragini called later that night to tell about Sahil encounter. She was more worried as it didn't seem like Sahil was giving up yet.

Her mother used to tell Swara when she was a kid that every problem, pain or worry will seem lighter after a good night sleep and that Swara shouldn't skip her sleep. With that hope and the knowledge she is not alone in her battle and Sanskar is sleeping in the same house to help her was enough to let Swara fall into deep sleep.

                         ******************

Sanskar was used to sleeping in comfort. While the couch in the Swara's house was big enough, his thoughts were too jumbled for him to sleep.

Sanskar mind was filled with thoughts about Swara, the daughter who was unwanted enough that her father bargained her hand in marriage, and a grandmother who continued to differentiate between the two siblings.

Sanskar realized he had been lucky to have his family by his side through everything, when he lost Kavitha he felt like his world had stopped moving forward. That he had failed to recognize or treasure the love he had on his family.

Sanskar knew his parents worried about his drinking habit, he knew his mother worried about his wellbeing because in a way she lost the carefree son of her and instead got a shell of her son in return.

In all the times since Kavitha death, he never really tried to move on or find it in himself to accept her loss because he felt it would make their love a distant memory. And now he was wondering if he was holding onto something that should have been let go long time ago.