Chapter 8: Living Together

Ragini was silent as Laksh drove her back home, she was indeed sweet and kind but at this moment of time. She wasn't feeling very kind towards Laksh, who has been asking for Swara's phone number about the tenth time.

"Laksh, you may be my boss. But Swara is my sister and I am not giving you her number before I get her consent." Ragini replied back just like she said the first 9 times as well.

Somehow she was worried that her reluctance as more to do with her infatuation then her sister's consent. It wasn't like Ragini to be jealous enough to hurt her sister.

She was relieved when the ride ended and she was able to get out Laksh's car and his million question about Swara until her eyes landed on the sealed lock on her door and the official looking white paper nailed on the door.

Ragini froze for a moment at the unfamiliar sight before her, she didn't even mind when she heard Laksh getting down from his car and walking before her to read the paper.

Ragini stood frozen as she realized the sisters worst fears came true after all, losing the house in the town meant they would have no place to stay in the night but more than that the sisters feared that losing the house in their home town would mean to their grandparents.

Her Dadi who was quick with anger and violence reverted inside a shell of a person when her father skipped town leaving them with his debt.  Her Dada was no longer the one who was quick to smile at his grand daughters. Now he always looked worried about them every second.

Coming back to the city had been to ensure they earned enough to get them out the debt pit their father created but without a roof over their head, Ragini didn't feel so confident anymore.

"I will sue them, evicting two girls in the middle of the night ought to be illegal. Don't worry Ragini, I will get this sorted out as soon as I call my lawyer" Laksh was speaking to her and in a way Ragini forgot all about her earlier disappointment towards him.

Ragini didn't care if he was doing it for Swara or her, as long as they find a way to survive.

" We can't wait outside for long, come with me. I will take you to a hotel for the night and Swara can join you there" Laksh answered back and Ragini nodded her head in answer because what else was there to do

" I will call her now" Ragini spoke up as she tried to find her phone with shaky hands and was relieved when Laksh took it out of her hand to make the call.

                  ******************

Swara's mind was filled with worry as Sanskar drove her back home, she lied to Sahil to avoid him making a scene on her workplace and introducing Sanskar as her boyfriend seemed like a good move.

But now, she was worried how he would retaliate or whether he would evict her Grandparents from their home as threatened.

So when her phone began to ring with his calls for the last ten minutes, she shut it down not willing to spend tonight in fear listening to his threats again.

Sanskar had assured that he will have his lawyer look up the debt of his father and find a way to keep her Grandparents house safe from his threats.

Swara didn't like to rely on anyone but she wasn't about to say no to help when it was offered freely, she trusted in Sanskar word and believed he wasn't expecting anything in return.

So by the time she reached home, the unfamiliar car parked outside her house brought a fear in her that Sahil was waiting for her until Sanskar spoke up.

" It looks like Lucky found out you are back in town,  prepare to meet your future husband " Sanskar spoke up making her look back at him in confusion until he cleared her doubts stating that was Laksh's car.