Chapter 7 :" Coffee Date "

Dedicated to everyone who asked for the update , this book is on hold and maybe for sometime till I can finish the other two ongoing works and I hope you can wait until then.

*************

" Here you go, your coffee, " he spoke up, as his hands placed the steaming hot cup beside her and Swara let her hands curl around the cup to feel its warmth.

She had been angry, desperate and upset that the sight of him made her reckless enough to introduce him as her boyfriend, but she didn't expect him to play along to the point of calling her as his fiancée .

Sahil left them, after his declaration but there was glint of fury in his eyes as he looked at her but she wasn't concerned about the fury now but more about the questions swirling in the eyes of the man before her.

" Why were you there, in the dance studio I meant? " she asked him instead, it was better to be the one with questions than faced with the task of answering him .

" My friend's daughter was in the play and he had too go out of town on business and asked me to cheer for his daughter in his place and record it as well, he was divorced recently and his wife has no interest in the child that he fears his absence will be felt more by the kid, and he would have been here if he could have but explaining it to a five year old will never be easy, " he spoke up, surprising her with the soft side to his nature.

" That is so sweet of you, " she said out loud and blushed at his chuckle , she wasn't used to blushing it wasn't in her nature, the last time they met she was fairly rude to him because he was drunk and happened to be Laksh's cousin.

After that night, she didn't have the same anger towards Laksh who had been quick to come to her defense as well that night, but yet her mind often thought about the man before her and wondered about him ever since .

" So is Laksh still having a girlfriend every day?" She asked next, anything to keep him from asking her questions instead.

" Do you know, my bade maa prayers were answered when he sent you to date with us because her son turned into a saint that night after professing his wish to marry you asap, " he answered back and she was glad that the hot coffee wasn't in her mouth because her mouth gaped open in surprise .

"Just kidding, he didn't turn into a saint, but every time he breaks someone heart, he uses your name as the excuses state he is already a promised man to someone else who left him rather cruelly without a word, he is nursing a broken heart you see " he spoke up continuing to shock her by his words as she tried to say anything in return until she managed to find the words few moments later

" He was Ragini's date, " she spoke up because while she wanted to prevent her sister from Laksh grasp, she had no idea why he wanted to marry her or claim as such to his family .

" Alas, that was something you didn't know as well. He was your date Swara, not your sister's and my cousin had taken into his heart that you are meant for him as well " Sanskar answered back as he briefly explained the misunderstanding happened on their blind date leaving her stunned in silence .

***************

Ragini was known for her shyness and yet she felt comfortable enough to share everything with him, it must have been her easy smile that made her agree to go for a cup of coffee after her office hours end.

" I am your boss at work and I hope to be your friend when we leave the office gates " he spoke up when they met earlier and sure enough he waited for her as she stepped outside the gates and whirled her into an quaint cafe to talk.

The espresso she had in her hand was cold by now but she can't stop telling him everything, it was just like this on their first date when he so causally made her speak without an effort and even now his eyes was filled with warmth as she told him everything that happened in the year since they met each other.