Chapter 12 :" Match Making Mama's for the win( Part 1)"

One Month Later

" Do we really have to go to the party tonight Ragini?" Swara asked her sister even as she turned towards her wardrobe trying to choose the dress.

" Swara, I can't say no to attend the Party. Laksh is my boss and it is his birthday party" Ragini spoke up clearly trying hard to fool her into believing that is all there is to for the invitation from the Maheshwari family.

"Tell me Ragini, how many of your colleagues are invited. We all know that he invited you because you are his friend not as an employee. But even if you want to argue it is just a work relationship, why do I have to go as well" Swara answered back after selecting a blue dress and hoping her sister would admit that she is falling for her boss aka Lucky.

" Fine maybe Laksh is a good friend of mine, but so is Sanskar a good friend to you. And you are only coming to the party for him. Don't think I don't notice how much you chat everyday after the trip to our Grandparents house. And you are always is plus one to any event he had to attend as the heir presumptive of the Maheshwari industries. Didn't he buy you this Blue dress for one of his party?" Ragini responded back with a smirk as if daring Swara to deny it.

" Well it is because he needs someone to keep him off drinking and I volunteered for the job like a sponsor or something . " Swara answered back unwilling to let Ragini see the extent of her interest in Sanskar and his happiness.

After Sahil left and her father was kicked out. They both stayed one more day with her Grandparents before taking their leave after Laksh called in to assure that Sahil had indeed contacted the lawyers and the debt had been paid by the Maheshwari's.

On the way back Swara knew the charade of being his fiancee would end the moment the step on to the city  because without Sahil there was no need for the ruse and she was also aware that while her grandparents were okay with Sanskar paying the debt, it had been because they believed he was her fiancée.

But Swara wasn't really his fiancee and by coming to her rescue Sanskar had been left with no choice but to pay her father's debt and it felt like a big ask from an casual acquaintance.

" I would love to say that I will pay you back as soon as possible, but we both know the truth. If I was anywhere near capable of paying his debt then I wouldn't be here in the first place. I can negotiate with small payment each month but I am aware that my monthly check and my sister monthly check after our expenses won't cut much in the original amount for years.

So here I am feeling like the worst person who taken advantage of your kindness, first I made you into my fiancée then pushed you to use your name as a shield for my safety and now you had to pay my father's debt as well. So tell me is there anything I can do for you, anything that will make me feel as if I didn't take advantage of your kindness" Swara spoke up on the way back.

Swara had expected Sanskar to either assure her that it wasn't much or tell her that there was nothing she can do for him. Because in truth even as she offered him a favor she was aware that there was nothing she can really do for him, so had been surprised when he spoke up with a favor.

" Be my sponsor, seeing your family and your drunken father made me aware of my family and how my drinking and general destructive behavior destroys their happiness bit by bit. I had justified my actions as heart break and my destructiveness as if there was no reason for me to live after Kavitha's death. But i do realize now that I was walking on a path that will only lead my family into more unhappiness and I can admit when I need help" Sanskar spoke up surprising her by his request as well as admittance.

" Sponsor, aren't they usually people who you find in AA meetings. Someone who had managed to stay sober for years offering support and guidance?. While I would love to help you, I fear I am not qualified for that job" Swara answered back truthfully, she could have agreed and researched later for ways to help him but she also cared enough for him to know she wasn't the best choice for the job.