5

It has been a week since Bucky has called me beautiful, the only compliment he has ever given me, but since then, everything has gone back to normal the lack of conversation, not being in the same room and constant arguing. I would have thought he moved past being immature, especially since he is ninety-eight, but I guess we all can't be like that.

I walk towards the main room where the avengers were having a meeting. Naturally, I would be a part of this meeting, but due to Buckys inability to be in the same room as me, Tony and Cap have separate times to tell us the same things, which I find ridiculous.

In the main room, everyone was there: Tony, Sam, Steve, Vision, Wanda, Nat, Clint, Bruce, Thor, and Bucky. Ignoring his presence, I make my way to the kitchen to grab an apple juice out of the fridge "y/n" Tony says, walking into the room, causing me to turn around quickly "oh yeah", I clear my throat "we were hoping that you could join us in today's meeting" Tony Stark being civilised, well I'll take it "ok" I shrug whats is the worst that could happen besides a fight between Bucky and me.

As soon as I enter the room, Bucky, who I will continue to call James, rolls his eyes; trying my best not to retort, I sit next to Vision and Bruce, luckily on the other side of the table. "So the avengers besides Bucky and y/n have decided to do assign everyone new partners" I knew James was relieved, after carrying me out of a HYDRA base, he has been weird "everyone except for James and y/n will have new partners" my heart shatters.

"you are fucking joking" I stand up my arms going up in the air causing some apple juice to fall out of the bottle landing on Vision "sorry Vis" I say wiping his lap "You can not be serious Tony" I say "I am very serious y/n" he retorts "you two need to get along" Steve says agreeing with him, I can tell everyone was uncomfortable "I want to talk to you two after this" I say angrily pointing between Tony and Cap who give each other a worried look.

The rest of the meeting went in one ear and out the other, why would they do that? They literally know that James and I are unable to be in the same room what makes them think that putting the world in our hands together would be safe. It isn't.

After the meeting I wait for everyone to leave, everyone does leave except for the two super-soldiers and iron man "pathetic" James says spinning in his chair "this is so ridiculous you cannot expect us to work with each other for another year" I say "you are doing this for the publicity aren't you Tony" James says standing up "it is not for the publicity, if it were I would put both of your stories out to the world" Tony retorts and I look straight at Steve who looks down.

"oh my god steve" I yell walking towards Steve who is already apologising "He got it out of me ok," He says trying to act innocent "I can not fucking believe any of you especially you" I turn to James "James fucking Barnes all sweet for a night, and you, Iron Man the ego of a fucking maniac you do this all for the money don't you, you like to milk this all" I retort looking between them "and Steve you are the worst, I trust you way too much told you everything and not only do you tell James but you tell Tony" I yell frustrated at the three of them.

"me?" James says slightly agitated "Yes you James, you come in my room drunk complimenting me and acting all fucking nice for what twelve hours and then back to normal you are the absolute fucking worst" I point at him ignoring the fact Tony and Steve were in the room "You call me beautiful for fucking what, then when Clint comes in you want to pretend like nothing happened how fucking unbelievable talking about I, James Bucky Barnes, my fucking ass" I say.

"y/n" Steve says grabbing my arm and I look at him "fuck off the lot of you" I storm off heading back to my room. I slam my door and fall back onto my bed, looking at all the paintings on the wall. Each of them representing a different time in my life, well the times that mattered.

My room was very basic, to say the least, it had a couple of paintings and a TV but it held all my secrets, all my diaries and hidden items. The walls were baby blue, although that wasn't my favourite colour it looked nice the ceiling was white, plain old white but I didn't mind I was a plain old person anyways.

A few minutes pass of me just staring at my ceiling thinking of all the things I've done in my life the war, being kidnapped, killing people, almost a hundred years old and I am still alone, no one here to catch me when I fall or no one there for mental support everything just thinks I'm perfect that I was gifted powers but deep down almost everything was wrong with me.

Hours pass and I hear a knock on the door, I don't answer it for a while because I didn't feel like it but a few minutes later I walk to my door and see a bunch of white roses that looked like the ones from the training bases' garden. They were tied up in a bunch with a ripped piece of paper attached to the stem of them saying "I'm sorry doll, please forgive me xxx" Whoever this person was they sure knew me well enough to handpick the flowers, handpicked flowers are very dear to me because it shows that they took the time to grab them for me.

Bruce walks past with a smile "who picked the flowers for you" He says looking at the note trying to indicate for me to read it "well it didn't say but it's an apology" I shrug flipping the card around to see a neatly drawn heart, the heart wasn't printed yet it looked like it was since it was drawn with such precision this person must have a steady hand.

Bruce laughed "that's some old thing I don't know anyone who handpicks flowers anymore these days," he says "you must be special" he smiles walking off and I stare blankly at the flowers each of the stems were cut the same length, each rose with the same amount of petals this person definitely knows me. The heart was perfectly rounded and pointed, the writing, the writing was important to me for some unbeknownst reason but it was slanted and neatly written... sort of. He tried, or she tried.

If I were going to find this person, writing would be the only way I could find them so I studied the writing all whilst standing outside my door Steve walked past, Natasha and Clint walked past and then James the last person I saw before I walked inside. He seemed to slow down when walking past me, I think he was trying to see who sent the letter but I wouldn't let him read it.

I could have just called a meeting and told everyone to fill out a form but it would have seemed to obvious to do it right away, right?