8

Bucky and I haven't talked for a week, It has been killing me, but things have slowly gone back to normal with constant bickering and arguing. It seems that we only get along when it's just him and I alone.

Steve and Natasha eventually came to apologise, and of course, I had to forgive them, especially since we had a mission later that day, but then I went straight back to my room. Today was the day that I had planned to figure out who sent me those beautiful flowers. Even though I could have done it a while ago, I just forgot because he's been on my mind a lot recently.

I've seen him walking around the compound, and I'm sure that he's seen me too because he looks at me often. I don't think that I was just attracted to him because he was attractive, and don't get me wrong, he was, but he understood me, he had experienced the same things as me, so it wasn't just me going through it all.

Tonight Tony was holding a party, and we needed to take a date. It was a friendly party, so everyone we knew was there with their partners or close friends, but everyone already had a date. Tony has Pepper, Natasha has Steve, and the list goes on, but me, well, I didn't have a date.

I would ask Bucky, but I think he recently found that female companion he always wanted, so I couldn't ask him. I also don't have a life outside of the Avengers, meaning I don't know anyone who doesn't have powers or isn't wacky and weird.

"Hey, Jarvis could you be my date to the party," I ask the AI, which seems to be everywhere, especially in the elevator. "Unfortunately, Ms Y/n, I am unable to accompany you to the party. Perhaps you could ask Mr Barnes," Jarvis says as I look around, shocked. "Jarvis can you read minds," I ask. "No, Miss Y/n, I can understand the way you feel about Mr Barnes" the elevator stops. "Hey, you cant understand. I mean, you don't know how I feel about" "y/n" "Bucky!" I say, alarmed.

"Hey, what's with the whole alarming look on your face? Were you talking to someone I could catch you later," He says as I shake my head he wanted to see me?? "no I was just talking to Jarvis," I say shooting a smile at him "I was wondering if you had a date to Stark's party tonight," he asks and I shake my head "If you are here to rub it in my face I actually don't intend on coming," I say in a British accent, well it was my normal accent it just sounded more British than usual.

"Oh, you don't want to come to the party?" Bucky says kind of upset "No? Why?" I ask as he shrugs "A little birdie told me that You and I should go to the party together" he says and my face lights up "u-uh" I couldn't say anything I was speechless, not even yesterday we were yelling and screaming at each other over the last coffee grinds being used "ill take that as a yes doll ill be at your room later expect my knock" he winks as the elevator opens. doll. "wait Buck" I yell then the elevator door closes and he turns to wink at me "Jarvis the day the flowers arrived at my doorstep who was it" I ask as Jarvis appears on the elevator screen.

"Mr Barnes was there Ms Y/N" Why did I not think of that earlier "Thank You Jarvis" I say pressing the button to go back to my floor.

I rush back into my room and pull the papers out from under my bed and grab the note, I compare the writings and he could have gotten away with it too but he gave it away. Bucky knew me well, he was the one who stole the white roses and cut them evenly and then wrote me a letter with a heart.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD" I shriek very loudly jumping around like a little girl again, wait, what if it wasn't him and if it was just a coincidence I guess I will find out later tonight.

Time Skip - Before the party - Getting Ready

The party was formal so unfortunately I was told to wear a dress, but since Nat or Wanda wasn't here to help me get ready I had to find a way to zip the dress up myself. I bent over and under, left and right but I just couldn't reach it. As I flop down on my bed defeated and wanting to get cosy in bed I hear three firm knocks on my door "Bucky I need your help with the zip" I'm surprised he hasn't been caught walking in and out of my room.