16

"WAKE UP, THE WAKANDANS ARE COMING" Steve yells very loudly through my window "fucking christ steve" I mumble and look to my right to Bucky asleep in my bed, he was so peaceful when he was sleeping. I gently kiss his forehead "shit" I whisper fuck I did not actually just do that, he didn't wake thankfully but still, I don't know why I did that but a smile did creep onto his face in his sleep meaning he either felt it and liked it or had a good sleep.

A few minutes pass and he wakes up when I'm doing my hair "oh shoot" he says "sorry i crashed it was comfortable" he says scratching the back of his neck "it's fine I had a nice sleep and I assume you did too by that smile on your face" I smile as he gets up and starts making my bed "Oh yeah no I did" he laughs, it wasn't awkward like last time.

"apparently the Wakandans are almost here so you better get ready soldier" I smile gently and he nods "right and I'll meet you in the kitchen after I have a shower ok," He says adding the finishing touches to my neatly made bed "ok ill see you then" I smile gently and he kisses my cheek "bye" he smiles and I blush "bye-bye" oh shit what the fuck was happening inside of me.

When the Wakandans arrived everyone was waiting inside in order of Tony, Bruce, Thor, Me, Bucky, Nat, Steve, Wanda, Vision and Clint. I was so nervous, I had only met King T'Challa once previously on a bad encounter but I made up for it over lunch which I think we both enjoyed. "do we bow?" Bruce says and I shake my head "T'Challa doesn't mind but he prefers not" I smile gently grabbing Bucky's hand.

T'Challa exits his ship with Shuri and Okoye by his side "Welcome" Steve Smiles, Steve and T'Challa were familiar enough to know that when fighting each other it would take a while for one to bleed or even get hurt. "Thank Steve Rogers" T'Challa says starting to greet everyone, Shuri and I have talked once but once was enough to make us inseparable, letting go of Bucky's hand I run to Shuri with open arms "Shuri" I smile as she opens her arms and hugs me.

"y/n my dear friend how are you" she says and I hit her arm "stop with the formality," I say as she laughs "Everyone except Barnes, Steve and Y/n meet Shuri and Okoye, Okoye is the general of the Dora Milaje and Shuri is the princess of Wakanda" Tony says and everyone waves and I walk back to Bucky.

"Im so thankful for your help T'Challa" I say to T'Challa who was walking up ahead with Tony and Bruce discussing my blood results "I am always available to help you y/n especially when you saved us"  T'Challa says turning back with a smile and Bucky gives me a side look "what?" I mouth "I didn't know you saved them from something", ok so I wasn't completely telling the truth about T'Challa and I but still it started off like that.

"I'll tell you later" I smile and he nods "When running test we may need to bring it out" Shuri says as well allenter the lab but everyone except  Steve, Bucky, Shuri, T'Challa, Bruce, Tony and I leave the room to prevent it from crowding "So what is a thing that calms her down or you know helps her fight it" Shuri says looking around and everyone's heads turn to Bucky "I'd say Steve" he shrugs to break the silence "Barnes? Y/n I thought" Shuri says and I nod "I know things changed these past few months" I smile.

"When was this brain thing in you anyways" T'Challa asks and I look to Tony "lie" He mouths and I nod "about eleven years, I was sixteen when they captured me so I just go off that" I say as Shuri nods.

Multiple tests and several hours later, Shuri and Okoye found a way to kill whatever this disease was inside of me but they said it would take months possibly even a year or so, with constant visits from them it could be fast but I would have to live in Wakanda for a bit for the fastest possible outcome.

"what so we can't see her for months if she goes with you," Steve says standing up and I see Bucky sitting in the background looking down, he looked... sad. "Yes that would be the case but if she remains here it would take longer since all of our machinery and expertise are in the lab in Wakanda" Okoye nods I look around at everyone to make a decision for me "It would be best for her," Nat says "but I don't want her to go," Wanda says "Well if we love her we would let her get better as we did with Barnes although Barnes was a different case no offence," Tony says looking back and nodding.

"Nat can handle Hulk so everything would be alright" Clint smiles gently, Vision and Bruce agreeing. Thor comes up and whispers "if anything I would ask Barnes to come" standing next to me wrapping his arms around my shoulders "could I bring one person for comfort" I whisper in T'Challa's ear and he nods "Of course" He smiles and Thor holds his fist ours for a fist bump which of course I couldn't reject.

Packing my stuff was hard especially since this was the only home I've known for about a decade which was long enough to know and love all these people and it would be hard to leave them for more than a couple of days. Everyone had hugged and kissed me goodbye which didn't surprise me since all of them were in tears, even Vision which was shocking due to the fact Vision is incapable to feel emotion like his rich father.

Hours passed of reminiscing and thinking about all the memories in this room that would probably be changed for someone new. I was thinking about the time Tony and I got drunk and collapsed on my bed breaking it, the time Steve and I first snuck out together because he wanted to be a daredevil even my first 'gay' kiss was here with Nat and the flowers, oh the flowers.

My favourite thing about this room was the flowers it was a shame I couldn't bring them with me since they were already on their way out, I could have put that countercurse or whatever it was on the flowers but they were too far gone for me to even begin to learn how to do the spell.

After zipping my bag I hear a gentle knock at my door, turning my head to see the man I've been dreading to say goodbye to leaning on my doorframe with red eyes. I stare at him for a while but look down, I didn't want to say goodbye to everyone let alone say goodbye to him but it looked as though he didn't want to say goodbye to me either.

"hey" I finally speak with a gentle smile and he looks down then back up at me giving me a smile which was clearly fake "come sit" I whisper trying not to breakdown, he makes his way over "you know this isn't goodbye," I say as he nods and that's when Thor's words repeat in my head to take him with me "come with me" I nudge him gently seeing a tear fall down his cheek, he looks up "don't give me false hope," he says with his voice breaking "i don't want you to go y/n" he continues and I wipe his tears "you can come idiot" I chuckle tears rolling down my cheek.

"me and you can be ourselves just me and you, we may have to share a room but out of everyone I want you to come with me Buck" I smile "why me I thought it would be-" "because I'm in love with you," I say, it was too hard for me not to I wanted to be with him and this was the perfect thing for me, for us. 

"look I know I probably got the wrong signals," I say waving my hands around nervously "but" he grabs me placing me on his lap and cupping my face "god about time you took the fucking hints" he chuckles and he pulls me in kissing me softly.

There it was again, that spark when he kissed me "I've been hinting it for months y/n" he chuckles slightly and I scoff "you're dumbass could not take the hint" he laughs wiping my tears "so you coming soldier" I ask wiggling my eyebrows, he did not just confess his love for me "but i thought you loved" "another woman yeah no y/n you're literally the only woman I can fall in love with... ever" he says softly.

"oh please the forties was filled with amazingly hot women" I snicker as he wraps his arms around my waist "yeah you" he chuckles "so you wanna come?" I ask as he nods and I get up off of him "well get up and pack hun I will help" I laugh as does he "ok doll" he laughs "god it feels so good to say that without hiding anything" smiles.

Before he leaves I can't help but think about him why would he 'love' me and even if he did love me was it real "why do you love me" I blurt out and he turns around "why out of all the women in the world would you fall in love with me" I say remaining on my bed and he looks at me with a smile "because you are the only woman in this entire world or universe that doesn't treat me as if I was apart of a psych ward, you care about me for who I am even if we bicker and argue you are always there for me and honestly I didn't expect to feel this way about you but I do" he says with a smile.

I walk up to him with tears falling down my cheek "not again" he chuckles and I hug him, he slowly wraps his arm around my waist pulling me in and I start to cry "what a matter doll" he whispers in my ear. Honestly I didn't know what was wrong I'm pretty sure these were tears of joy that he wasn't in love with someone else "nothing I'm just glad" I smile looking up "but we have to be secret" I say and he nods "of course until you're ready darling" he smiles gently.