25

A week before coming home

Bucky had to go on a mission with the team which sucked because he and I finally started getting back to normality if that's what we want to call it. Usually, I wouldn't be so angry about him leaving for a mission but this mission... scared me.

T'Challa often checked in on me cautiously watching the news to see if anything came up about the Avengers or Bucky for that matter, for the first three hours it was nothing harmful but then Bucky and Sam were caught on tape with cuts and bruises and a mass of blood.

I stood up "I need to go," I say and I look around, there was not much here for me to say goodbye to besides the people so I just left a note.

Gone out be back with James by tonight

Y/n xxx

If I tried I could teleport to him right now with just the look of his surroundings which I thankfully have, I place my hand on the tv and close my eyes waiting for something to hit me a missile, an arrow or maybe even a rock but I hear Loki, my brother Loki causing havoc once again in New York City but this time with a bigger army, people of his kind whom me and thor thought to have been dead.

I look around to find James but he was gone, looking up to a tall building I see Clint shooting all the non-human people attacking the Americans. I felt helpless, I didn't know how to help without talking to any of them but thankfully Natasha saw me from down the road and threw her earpiece at me and I graciously catch it, She and I haven't talked but we always separated personal from wor

"miss me," I say with a smirk and a bunch of frost giants attack me but with ease and rusty expertise I kill them "y/n," Thor says "meet me at the tower", The Tower? God  If I remembered I would have teleported there instead-but the tower wasn't so hard to miss with the big
A V E N G E R S across the top of it.

"y/n I thought you were coming back next week," Tony says and I somehow manage to fly, I did practise in Wakanda but I never had it down so if I did it now I would either fly or die but I like those odds "I was but then I saw you needed my help," I say smug flying towards the tower.

When I land at the tower I see Thor and Loki fighting it out and I walk over to them and pull them apart not with my hands but with my mind. "Loki!" I yell at him placing him down gently walking up to him "What is this insanity, this greed to rule this planet" I spit making it abundantly clear that I was disappointed in him.

"Greed," He says with the utmost dirty tone "Don't get that tone with me," I say as a knife forms in my mind slowly making it was to my hand physically "What tone," He says, his eyes full of greed and power "The Tone Of Odin" I yell tapping into his memories of the time Loki yelled at Odin.

Loki falls back and Thor walks up beside me "this nonsense needs to stop Loki Laufeyson and you know I don't want to kill you but the people I love are out there and if you don't stop your army I will kill every single frost giant out there including you" I say pointing at his chest "So be it Odinsdottir".

He did not call me 'Odinsdottir' grabbing him by the throat I hear Thor yell "don't y/n" grabbing my arm but I focus on Loki, Loki dirty Laufeyson the thing who killed my mother, the thing who caused Ragnarok "the thing who killed my mother" I say spitting at him repeating my exact thoughts "the thing who caused Ragnarok" I continue.

"I will kill you, not now in front of the news, not in front of thor but I will after I kill these smurf creations" I drop him and he looks at me scared grabbing his throat, Frost giants climb up the tower making their way to attack Thor and me.

Poor misfortunate soul, killing them brutally one by one stabbing them, flinging them off the edge. "y/n can you see Bucky and Sam" Steve says in the earpiece "No Why?" I ask "They are gone," Natasha says... fuck.

"He better not be fucking with me right now, give me a minute," I say killing the other three frost giants on the tower and jumping off landing on the ground. Bucky and I had a unique way of finding each other we always had a gut instinct of where we were, it was never wrong.

"Please don't misdirect me" I sigh and I look up to the dark portal in the sky similar to the one when Loki first attacked us, "Thor" I huff "I need you to throw me up into the portal big guy" I say hopefully that my instincts were right.

Thor lands right next to me and grabs me swinging his hammer eventually letting me go flying across the sky "please please don't misguide me" I pray.

I go through the black hole and as suspected there was nothing there, literally nothing but I still have a gut feeling. I fly towards the frost giants home which was surprisingly recreated somehow after Odin had destroyed it, I land and everyone looks at me with a foul mask.

All the frost giants and I were familiar they looked after me for a month of my life "where are they" I yell but my heart said don't yell, "who took them" I continue and one of them walk up to me "go home little lady" he says looking down to me "before you get hurt".

hurt, physical pain never phased me.

"tell me or this planet will go down with no survivors none here none on my planet," I say making myself clear "extinct, dead, even Loki," I say not regretting a word of it, without hesitation, the weak frost giant leads me to a frozen Bucky and Sam "Bucky" I yell running up to him "what the fuck did you do" I scream.

"froze them for a later snack" and with that, I spin around sending blades to every single frost giant insight watching them all fall on the ground lifeless send shivers down my spine, never once in my sane mind have I killed that many beings in one go but I guess there's a first time for everything.

I look to Bucky "you can wait for a bit you put me through hell" I say pointing to him in an ice cube and I go to Sam and start punching "I don't get paid for this so I hope I get hugs" I huff but eventually Sams ice breaks and he lets out a relieved breath and hugs me "ew nevermind don't hug me you are freezing and this is dolce" I say back away and he laughs.

"I would help with Buck but you know" "yeah I know you are weak"I bully him.

Looking at Bucky, I punch the ice and he collapses "fuck what the fuck happened to him" I say concerned holding Bucky up placing a hand on his back "he's dying" Sam whispers "what no" I say "what no" I start to cry.

From what seemed to be a very alive old man had changed he was going pale, his metal arm had turned limp and his heart went from rapidly beating to barely beating. I form a fire on the floor so Sam could heat up "Thor is coming for you ok Sam" I say barely breathing almost like Bucky.

Grabbing Bucky once again I fly through the black hole landing at the tower where Loki is again and I scream loud enough for the whole of NYC to hear, placing Bucky down "Help me" I cry out to Thor who was holding Loki "he's dying Loki" I cry again "he's dying help me please help" I say putting pressure to his wound.

"y/n i-" "YOU SELFISH ARROGANT BASTARD" I cry into Buckys chest trying to hear his heartbeat. "Thor, Sam is there go get him" I continue crying.

A bullet wound would never hurt him, "A bullet wound would never hurt him what did you do" I look up at look trying to fix Buck's wound and heal him but nothing was working "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM" I scream drastically, Bruce runs out from the elevator half-naked and directs me through what to do.

But an hour passes and... he's gone. 

"he's gone," Bruce says as I look around at everyone Steve, Tony, Nat, Clint, Bruce, Rhodes, Wanda, Vision, Thor and Sam who was now warm. I stand up and shove past everyone summoning a knife in my hand, Bucky's favourite knife "why?" I ask Loki choking him.

"why would you hurt me" I whisper "I treat you with nothing but kindness you killed my mother, I had to kill my sister because of you, I gave you a home and this is the thanks I get" I cry putting the knife to his throat "YOU KILLED THE MAN I LOVE JUST WHEN WE GOT A RHYTHM" I cut his throat not deep enough for him to die but enough for him to bleed.

"y/n!" Steve yells and I collapse in a moment of weakness but this time no one catches me not Bucky, not Steve no one or nothing but the ground. I cry and let out a scream once again for the whole world to hear this time, a ball of energy bursts out of my chest whilst still crying and I hear every frost giant scream in pain including Loki.

"y/n stop it!" Thor says "it won't bring him back" Tony says with a sad expression on his face and I get up and walk to Bucky's dead body "I was stood up" I whisper placing a hand on his chest "nothing could fix him not even divine powers" I continue and I start flashing red "y/n what is happening" "he's gone," Bruce says looking at Bucky.

"I'm not giving up on him," I say starting to float "YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF Y/N" Thor yells and I start to float and I think about the time when Bucky kissed me in the lab, wishing he had done it again my hand slowly lifts up off of his chest, my eyes turn red and everyone is staring at me with nothing but pity.

"pity" I repeat but this time out loud "he wouldn't have been dead if you communicated with him" I turn against them and I look down to see Bucky's body wasn't laying down.

"y/n," Bucky says, "y/n" he repeats it. Why is he repeating it? I sit up and see Bucky standing over me "fucking christ Bucky" I say scared "what time is it" I ask "two pm" he responds.