14

a/n: i hope you enjoyed bucky's point of view but now it's back to yours :) I may be slow at posting since school just started back where I am so bare with me please.

It's been weeks since Bucky has come out of his room and since anyone has seen it. I fear that the kiss drove him a little out of his mind or that he was trying to ignore me but then I fear that he wasn't getting enough sleep so he is making up for it now by sleeping... for... 3 weeks?

I couldn't bare not being able to hear his voice, it was 2am and I had enough. Placing my hand gently on his door before I could knock it swings open "y/n" he was drenched in sweat almost like he was having nightmares, "gosh bucky are you ok" I say frantic placing my hand on his forehead and he had a hell of a temp "get back in bed i'll run down and get a warm tea jesus" I say jogging out of his room "y/n" he groans from his bed whilst and I run back "yeah" I smile gently "just come here" he says "in the bed" he continues and I nod walking over sitting next to him under the blankets.

"come closer" he says sniffling "no you're sick" I say disgusted and he looks at me "ugh fine" i rolls my eyes scooting closer to him. Minutes passed of constant talking but then I heard gentle snores and a head land on my lap, taken back i stare at him for a while but give in and start playing with his hair. A part of me keeps holding on just in case he asks me to date him but it's all just a coincidence, maybe she rejected him? maybe just maybe but i wouldn't know. "Bucky" I whisper "hm" he groans "i have to head to bed" I whisper and he looks up "no just sleep here it's too dark" he groans and before I could respond he was fast asleep again.

So I did stay, in fact I fell asleep holding him.

"doll?" a voice says "doll wake up" the voice says as i groan "five more minutes mystery man" rolling over to face the person who was holding me captive between their arms. "Bucky!" I say shocked rubbing my eyes and then remembering last night "are you alright" I say and he nods "sorry about last night" he smiles still holding on to me "oh no please i don't mind being there for you, i mean you had a temperature so" I chuckle "as for the kiss" he says awkwardly "yeah we don't have to talk about it" I say laughing nervously "but you have been eating the meals i leave by the door" i change the topic causing him to remove his arms and for a bit it burned but a good burn.

"oh yeah right thanks for that, steve did say you were dropping by" he says sitting up and I smile opening his curtains "yeah" I say "anyways i'm gonna go back to my room" I say awkwardly and Bucky chuckles nerovously "ok well i'll be in the gym not that it matter but you know" he responds nervously. Steve caught me walking out of Bucky's room and I look down nervously expecting the worse "so you two get it on?" I look straight up at him "no steve what the fuck i was just going to talk to him" I say "in your pajama's? you never leave the room without having a shower" he says and I nod "that is true but I was worried I mean we haven't seen him in a while" I say trying to make myself seem innocent despite the real reason of going to Bucky's which was going to kiss him again. and again.

I was in love with him, "steve" I say as Steve turns around moving his hand from Bucky's door handle "if i loved someone else would you hate me for it" i look down, falling in love with his best friend wouldn't be ideal especially if he still loves me "of course not, in past the point where i think you have to be mine y/n you can love anyone you want" he smiles gently and i nod walking into my bedroom. Falling back onto my bed I sigh then the alarm goes off in my room "Morning Y/n" Tony says through the speakers and I groan "Meeting in ten minutes pronto" Tony says and I groan getting up and getting dressed.

I make my way to the elevator and hear footsteps jogging up behind me "y/n hey wait up" It was him, I turn around with a smile on my face "oh hey stranger" I giggle and hes looks down and smiles. I lost control of myself near him, I literally said anything I wanted it didn't matter if it was horrifying or happy I said everything in front of him "I think Tony called the meeting to proof life of James Barnes" I laugh and he nods "Well that sure was a way to get me out of my bed" He rubs his eyes "you were already out though" I question and he nods "i was but then I went back in and the alarm went off it was annoying" He laughs.

We walk into the meeting room and see everyone already there waiting for us "well well well look who didn't escape" Natasha smiles looking at Bucky who smiles back, Maybe it was her maybe she was the girl he was in love with. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past him I would fall in love with her too I mean her hair, smile, fighting skills she was all perfect. 

Bucky and I sit next to each other whilst Tony and Cap start discussing the next 'big' mission that I was probably not allowed on, my luck is unfortunate. "y/n" Tony says snapping me out of my gaze causing me to look at him "hm?" I hum "You and Barnes are going on the mission with Cap, Nat, Bruce and I" He says and I nod "of course" I clear my throat, Bucky clenches his jaw looking at me almost as if he wants me dead but nowadays I cant tell.

Time Skip - 3 Hours - Mission Time

"Listen Barnes, Bruce and I will go down this way whilst you three go that way it is crucial to speak through the comms if anything happens anything that does include if y/n goes on a crazy killing spree" Tony says causing all of us to nod in unison. We all walk away from each other separating into our different groups. Hydra had gone quiet since Bucky's hiatus of life, recently some other supersoldiers have come to light which is what we are here to investigate.

Personally, being a supersoldier was the worst 'gift' I was given sometimes I'd like to think of the good things about it but then I remember that my own brother put me through all this pain and suffering for his own the benefit which makes me regret this whole being powerful and long-lived thing.

"James" I ask over the comms "What" An annoyed fossil responds "Wow rude nevermind" I respond "No no I'm sorry what I'm just focusing" he immediately says and I chuckle "I was just checking up on you" I ask and I could sense him chuckling "you better not be chuckling at me" I say angrily "I was not" He says alarmed almost as if he actually was chuckling "you guys do realise we can hear you" Tony says "Of course they know" Bruce responds.

Placing my feet gently across the floorboards trying to find Nat and Cap a hand wraps around my throat, squeezing it tightly I see three men run up to me and kick me repeatedly trying to reach for the earpiece I fail as one guy grabs my arm and I scream. I try to scream something, something that helped but all I could scream was "BUCKY" and then I lost me consciousness.

When woken I noticed that I was in a room similar to the one which caused my demise "Longing, rusted, seventeen" no, this cant be happening. I wish Bucky and I didn't have the exact same trigger words but here we are, "daybreak, furnace, nine, benign" I try fighting it off, thinking of anything that would have helped prevent the next world war "homecoming" the voice started to echo "one. freight. car.".

I could see everything, hear everything, feel everything, but i wasn't in control... it was. A thing I never wanted to come back but it always made a way back. "Ready to comply" English? I never said that in English "Kill Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, Black Widow and grab The Winter Soldier" I couldn't stop now, both minds connected I couldn't control anything even if I tried.

I was given a knive and a gun, a mask and eyeshadow like the past, I could see everything the people, the objects and serum. I walk off hunting for the Avengers and I see Bucky but my mind goes blank. I run around the empty building looking for my targets hoping to find them soon, flipping my knife constantly I turn a corner and I see him.

"y/n" he says, I grab the knife "y/n?" he says confused "I cant-" I pause collapsing trying to fight it "Buck-" I collapse "Shes here" He says through an earpiece my mind was switching but my body, my body couldn't take it "y/n come here" he says walking towards me slowly and I back away with tears in my eyes but it comes back, my mission. 

I run towards him with my knife aiming for his chest "grab the winter soldier" I say "what?" He says not trying to hurt me "you are my mission winter soldier" I huff cutting his arm "no no no" Captain says running into the room, I throw a knife at him just missing his left thigh "shes under its not her anymore" Bucky says restricting my arms and I try to break free, by the time I break free I run away because all of them were there, Iron Man, Captain America actually all except for the hulk.... where was he?