Silent Comfort

**Art not mine, credit to it's creator**

⚠️Warnings⚠️: a smidge of angst, hurt and comfort, reference to human trafficking, especially of children (very small though), cursing because Bakugo, the spiky lad has insecurities and is very critical of himself, love, fluff.

Katsuki Bakugo

Dynamic: Alpha

Age: 29 years old

Quirk: Explosion

Male Reader's Info:

M/n= male name

E/c= eye color

H/c= hair color

F/c= favorite color

Hsp/n= Hospital name

M/n Bakugo

Dynamic: Omega

Age: 29 years old

Quirk: **Any type that you think would be useful as a hospital nurse, so up to you. It's not really used or mentioned in the one shot though.**

Background: Bakugo and M/n are bonded and married to each other. M/n is a nurse and Bakugo is a pro hero.

**Onto the story**

Bakugo is exhausted after an intense 3 weeks of tracking down, fighting, and finally defeating an organized group of villains that dealt with human trafficking, especially of young Omegan children. The hell that these small kids have had to endure, ages 4-14, and suffer gets him on a personal level because he miserably failed as a hero to protect and truly save them from this nightmare.

This is not the first time he's dealt with this type of situation, but fucking hell it doesn't get any easier. There is no way to remain truly 'unaffected', unless he was able to completely shut off and rid himself of emotions. However, he is not a robot with an 'off button' for his feelings, as much as he'd like that. There is no magic 'switch' to simply eliminate his emotions. Such a thing is not possible because even though he is a hero, he's still human. Still bleeds, hurts, and suffers, just like everybody else. The difference? He has been trained to hide it. To fake it with the best of anyone.

Nonetheless, no matter how much training you receive, how much stamina you have, there are always limits, and Katsuki has reached his....

There is an empty aching feeling taking root deep inside his chest right now as he looks into the eyes of the many children he supposedly 'saved'. They maybe physically alive by definition but their eyes tell a different story: dull, lifeless, lost, broken, and desolate despair is all he can see festering inside their very souls. Can he really say he 'rescued' them if they look like their VERY lives have ALREADY been completely extracted from them? If they look like organic machines given their soulless, disconnected dismal looks and how they move only when told to? As if they have forgotten how to properly function and exist, and are now mere fleshy toys that need to be wound up in order to become animated and mimic living.

He was way too late to save anybody because they were already long gone. Dead. They are all dead inside. Barren. Nothing but a shadow, a hollow husk of the happy and energetic little brats they once were. Their happiness, innocence, peace, their damn will to live.... Their everything, just disappeared without a trace.... Gone and lost probably forever?.. God, his contribution means nothing if a bleak painful PTSD riddled future is all that awaits the children he 'rescued'. Physically hurt, but emotionally and mentally scarred for the rest of their lives is what is to come for them. Their once bright possibly clear future is forevermore tainted, and full of uncertainty.... These fucking kids lives haven't truly began yet, but now they must deal and learn to live after having experienced such a terrible fate, the likes of which he himself wouldn't wish on his worst enemy.