III

After a long and well deserved rest, day had arrived yet another time. Though you couldn't tell because there was always a starry sky above this place, Eli simply felt like it was time for him to stop resting. He didn't have to bother on trying to wake up, because Echo's barking was enough for him to realize he had to get up.

"Fine, fine! I'll get up buddy, just give me some time!" Eli said.

He moved his head around a little, really not wanting to get up. However, Echo started licking his face and he wouldn't stop until he was up.

"YUCK! Ok, fine! I'll do it for real this time!"

He cleaned his face with his cape and finally got on his feet. He took a deep breath and looked at the stars above him, happy and comfortable. However, that happiness soon turned into boredom.

"I really don't know what to do... Perhaps I can fly around the place and find something interesting?" He thought to himself.

Echo barked and wagged his tail as if that was a good idea. So without any more doubting or thinking, he looked for a tall cliff and prepared to take flight.

"It's been a long time since I last did this. Hopefully everything goes fine..." Eli said while nervous.

He took a step near the edge of the cliff, and as he did he noticed something interesting. The tail of his cape was leaving an orange trail behind it, and his footsteps left little flames in the floor. He was really enthused by seeing this, so his slow walking quickly became sprinting towards the cliff as he jumped off and started gliding. The orange trail he left behind was something he couldn't take his eyes off, so much that he was pretty close to crashing against the ground quite a few times. However, he definitely still remembered how to fly. He looked up and down, amazed at how beautiful the place was despite he had already seen it before. He flew to a nearby island, and he decided to land there to take a look at everything from above.

"I can't believe this is my life now... Everything is amazing!" He said to himself.

He closed his eyes and felt the breeze flow through his face and hair. It was a nice feeling, and he started smiling because of it. However, he still felt like something or someone was missing.

"Hmmm... This place could have a bit more spice to it. Maybe an adventure of my own could do it?" He wondered out loud.

"That could be interesting!" His mind said back.

"Pffft, you finally said something that didn't offend me."

"Well, you finally said something I agreed with."

"Oh, shut up already!"

"HA! Like if I was gonna do that. I'm your mind, remember? You can't just get rid of me."

"... Prick."

He held the laughter in, for he actually found talking with himself a really funny thing. He eventually got himself together and sat down on the floor. He closed his eyes and breathed, enjoying the silence around him.

"So this is what being a god feels like..." He said.

"Stop it! You can't do this!"

"Can you not!? I'm trying to relax a little bit!" He screamed to his mind.

"What do you mean, that wasn't me." His mind replied.

"Wait... What?"

He looked around to see where the voice had actually come from. It didn't seem to be close, so he quickly ran to an edge of the island and started flying. He scouted from above like an eagle, looking for something out of place. It didn't seem like anything was off, but then he saw it. There were two people below him, and they seemed like one of them was in trouble. He dived down, and the closer he got the more he could hear the screaming.

"Just stop it! Why would you want to end the world you came from?"

"Because I don't like it anymore. What's the problem with that?"

"That's not the way things work here! You can't just destroy it because you have the power to do so!"

"You have no authority to tell me such thing. Now, get out the way before I get angry..."

"LIKE IF I WAS GOING TO DO THAT! Mara, just go!"

"Oh, you've crossed the line now!"

Before this strange person could attack the other one, Eli landed on the floor and pushed them away. His breathing was more intense than before, and he felt adrenaline slowly flowing through his entire body. He knew things were about to go down, so he got ready for a fight.

"What's going on here?" Eli said, trying to take control.

"Oh! Look who it is! Young Eli, I've been waiting for you to appear..." The strange person said.

"Wait... How do you know me!?"

"Diiran has told me more than you can imagine. Now, if you don't mind, I was in the middle of something important here, I would appreciate it if you moved out the way."

Eli looked behind him to try and figure out what was happening. He saw a girl, and she looked at him worried. Just because of looking at her expression, he knew he had to help her. So instead of moving away, he walked back to defend her.

"I don't know who you are or what you're trying to do, but something tells me I shouldn't believe you..." He said as he slowly took his knife out.

"How bold of you to think that! Why wouldn't you let me end a cycle to begin a new one?" The girl in front of said.

"MARA! Stop trying to trick him! We all know you just want to destroy Flockya!" Screamed the girl behind Eli.

"Destroy... WHAT!?"

Eli's eyes started shining as if he was angry. He surrounded himself and the girl behind her with fire so that they could be safe, and he knew for sure there would be a fight now.

"Listen here, Mara," Eli said. "Do you really think I'll let you destroy my home? What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"Pffft, seems like I have a new enemy now... Guess I'll have to get rid of both of you." Mara said.

"Oh, give it a try then!"

Eli bathed his knife in fire, and he rushed to attack Mara. She didn't seem to move, so he saw this as a clean hit. But as soon as he threw his arm to attack, Mara disappeared. He looked for her as he started to get scared, and he saw that she was now behind the other girl.

"Watch out! Behind you!"

Before she could react, Mara kicked her away all the way to Eli's feet. He quickly checked on her to see if she was ok, but Mara's evil laughter made him redirect his sight.

"HA! Just like I expected!" She screamed.

She started breaking a wall, and behind it was a strange looking portal. Eli looked at it, and he realized he was looking at his past home, Flockya. He gasped, and he left the young girl behind to run towards Mara. As she saw this, she created an orb of darkness which started growing by itself.

"If I can't destroy it, then I shall make it suffer! BATHE IN MY DARKNESS AND CHAOS, FLOCKYA!" Mara screamed.

"WAIT! NO!" Eli yelled.

He tried to rush to stop her, but it was too late.

Mara threw the orb towards the portal, and it created a great explosion that not even Mara could comprehend. Eli got flown away, and he nearly got blacked out from the impact. His hand was bleeding, and he wanted to cry from the fear. His breathing intensified, his head against the floor and his caped fill of holes from the injuries. And as he looked at the floor, he saw two feet in front of him.

"I don't know why Diiran sent you here if you can't even do what you're meant to do. You're useless! You heard me!? USELESS!" Mara screamed at his face.

"STOP IT! STOP IT NOW!" The other girl yelled from the top of her lungs.

Despite Eli not being able to move from how weak he felt, he caught a blue light with the corner of his eye. Even Mara turned around to look at it, and she gasped. The light slowly got brighter and brighter, and it eventually became a giant burst that Eli couldn't handle. That is the last thing he remembers from that day, for he fainted.