IV

"You are special. Don't you ever let anyone make you believe otherwise. You are here because I chose you, because I know you will be able to do that which I couldn't do. Go on, young warrior. Ascend to fix what I've broken..."

~

Eli had a weird dream as he blacked out. He could hear a strange voice, but the dream got more bizarre and bizarre as he kept imagining. It slowly turned into a nightmare, but he was able to wake up before it got any worse.

"Ah! What the..."

He opened his eyes and looked around. He wasn't in the place he remembered being in, so he looked at everything in more detail. As he did, he noticed Echo was beside him eating something.

"Oh? Echo! Why are you here buddy?"

Echo looked at him and barked. He wagged his tail and licked his cheek, and that made Eli smile. He took a deep breath and relaxed as he saw this, but then a familiar voice caught him off guard.

"Oh! You're finally up!" The strange girl said.

"Oh... It's you." Eli said, a little confused of why she was there. "Ummm, I guess this is the part where I ask what the hell happened back there?"

"Oh, so you do remember..." She said a bit worried. "Listen, there's a lot we have to talk about."

"I am sure aware of that. Is there something I need to know before we do?"

"I'll tell you everything as we move. It's not safe to be here, so I suggest we go somewhere else."

"Ok then..."

Eli got up, and as he did he noticed a bandage in his head. He looked at his cape, and he saw that there were some patches covering all the injuries it had taken. He didn't put any of those things there, so that meant that his mysterious girl had actually taken care of him while he was out. That made him catch a smirk, so his trust for her increased a little more than it already did just by hearing her voice.

"Alright, let's get moving." Eli said.

They walked through the vast dunes, Echo being behind them at all times to protect them. Apparently, this stranger had already gained Echo's trust, since he acted as usual around her. He gave him a quick pat as he felt a little more comfortable after noticing this, when suddenly the girl started talking.

"Oh! I didn't really introduce myself, didn't I? The name's Iris! I'm the goddess of wind and stars here. And based on what I heard you are Eli, god of fire, right?" She asked.

"O- Oh! Well, you basically just said it for me." Eli replied.

"Heh, I knew it! Diiran has said many of things about you from the moment he created you. You should be proud. Whenever he is delighted by someone, it truly means something."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah! But putting that aside, I think there's more important things we should bring up. First of all, sorry for knocking you out. My inner rage just got released out of nowhere and ended up creating a great wind blast. I could tell you were weak, but that was the only way to stop her from making more damage to Flockya."

"Oh, so that's what happened before I fainted..."

"Yeah... Sorry for that, but I guess it had to be done. Now, onto more delicate topics."

"Well, go ahead then."

Iris stopped walking, and Eli brought himself to a stop as well. She sighed and sat down, and he did nothing but accompany her. They both looked at the sky, but she eventually started talking.