VIII

They returned home and were a lot more relaxed in comparison to that chaotic discussion they just had. Eli explained what had happened, and Iris was even a little ashamed after knowing what truly happened. Eli told her not to worry though, for he now understood that it was all just an accident. They hugged it out, and they focused again on trying to find a way how to solve this mess which was slowly and steadily disappearing.

"I think at this point Mara knows we're fixing the shrines she's infecting." Eli thought out loud. "It would be dumb of her to keep trying to infect them. Instead, she might be coming for us or for people to hold hostages..."

"That does make a lot of sense!" Iris said. "Hopefully she doesn't aim for your friends..."

"I bet she will, specially for her..."

"Oh? Who do you mean by her?"

He sighed and looked at his necklace. He held it in his hands, and he closed his eyes.

"Penny... I promise everything will be ok..." He said.

"Penny? Is that someone special for you?" Iris wondered.

"More than you could ever imagine. She's my girlfriend!"

"Oh! That's so cute! Hopefully Mara never discovers that..."

He just caught a smirk, knowing that Mara would probably aim for his beloved. But he knew he was more powerful than her, so it was just a matter of time before it happened and he was able to take her down.

"I think going to the Vault could be a good idea. Just to make sure the shrine isn't infected and stuff."

"I can head somewhere else if you want to! Just so we can ensure that nothing bad has happened anywhere..."

"Sounds good to me!"

He gave her a hug, and he headed towards the Vault of Knowledge, a place that brought wonderful memories back to his mind. He looked around, searching for anything out of ordinary. However, he didn't find anything. It seemed like everything was in place, so he discarded that from his mind. It was a lot quicker than he had expected, so he used his spare time to visit a place that he wanted to see to relive a lot of things that had happened.

"I guess I could... Visit the hall again..." Eli thought as he caught a smirk.

He started walking towards the place where everything had gone down. From his knowledge about Flockya and its past growing absurdly to his grand ascension, it had all happened here. He expected nothing to be different, but he was excited if there would be any surprises. He reached the place, all crumbled from the fight he still remembered like the palm of his hands.

"This place represents my growth. I've done so much things here..." Eli thought out loud.

"You definitely did." His mind said. However, it sounded a little deeper than before.

"Wait... Mind, are you ok?"

"The question is, are you ready?"

"Wh- What the hell are you talking about!?"

"Don't think you'll be able to run away from me this time..."

Eli suddenly felt a sudden pain that went from his back all the way through his chest. He was in absolute pain, yet there was nothing harming him. It hurt it unexplainable ways, but at the same time it felt familiar.

"What is this... Pain!? AGH!"

"Heh... You're done for..."

Eli dropped to the floor, and he tried to understand why this was happening. The pain felt similar to something he had gone through before. And at last, he made sense of everything.