XIV

Everyone could feel the tension in the place. Echo was growling as he stood beside Eli, who was looking at Mara with his crystal-looking eyes. There was an intense silence that would not be broken until someone made a move, which Eli didn't plan on doing. He stood still, glaring at her as his hands turned to fists.

"I hope all your friends enjoy the show... I'll show them all a really special magic trick." Mara hissed.

"I wonder what it will be.." Eli said as his cape waved with the blowing wind.

He could feel his heartbeat intensify. He took a deep breath, and knew that the fight was about to begin.

"I'LL RIP YOUR SOUL OUT!" Mara screamed as her eyes turned red.

She raised her hand to the sky, and a great storm began to strike upon the Eye of Eden. Eli was so focused and determined he didn't even feel the pain, but his friends did. They all ran to find a place so they could cover themselves, leaving Eli alone in the battlefield.

"Are you all ok!?" Penny said as she freaked out.

"Y- Yeah! I think so!" Skye said. "Penny, who is she!? Why's she fighting Eli!?"

"I don't know, Skye... I just know this will be her last day on Flockya. It better be..."

"Wait... Penny? What happened to your eye!?" Oliver asked, a little scared of seeing her with that wound.

She had totally forgotten about it. She placed her hand on her face, noticing that the cut wasn't bleeding anymore and it was somehow healed. She gasped as she realized what had happened. She now had a scar in the opposite eye that Eli had his scar on. She should feel bad about having such a deep wound, but for some reason she was happy. She caught a smirk, and she decided to go out there and help her beloved.

"I need to go out there... You all stay here, ok?" Penny said.

"A- Are you sure!?" Iris said.

"I... Still have no idea who you are, but I'm sure! I can't just stay here and leave my boyfriend alone..."

She took a deep breath and got out of the shelter, and noticed that the fight had already begun. Eli swung his sword around to parry Mara's attacks, which seemed to be more aggressive than usual. She knew she wasn't going to hang in there forever, so she tried to help by distracting her. She ran into the battlefield, but suddenly crashed into a magic barrier.

"What the-!" Penny screamed.

"Oh! Seems like someone wants to join in the fun..." Mara said as she abruptly stopped the fight.

"Wha- Penny!? Get out of here! It's not safe!" Eli yelled with worry in his voice.

"She doesn't need to go anywhere!" Mara said. "She can be my first victim..."

"Don't you FUCKING DARE!"

Eli punched her right in the chin and pushed her away with a kick. He threw multiple fireballs at her, which all landed all around her body. He wanted to rush in and stab his sword in her chest, but he felt like it wasn't time for it yet. He ran and grabbed Penny by the shoulders, somehow breaking the barrier that had been created. He look at her dead in the eyes, trying to make her understand.

"I know you want to help, but this is too dangerous! Not even I know if I'll make it alive!" Eli said as she hugged her. "Please, go take care of the others, ok? I'll do as much as I can to take her down."

"Behind you..." Penny said with a shaky voice.

"What?" Eli asked.

"B- BEHIND YOU!"