VI

After hiding for some time to make sure Oliver and Emily were gone, Eli was now left alone once more. He made his way back home, and there was still no one near to be found.

"Those shadows must have been spreading around the place... I better hurry." Eli said.

As he was about to enter another realm, he heard a voice coming near him. He turned around, and he saw Iris running towards him.

"ELI! WE'RE IN TROUBLE!" She screamed as she punched his shoulder out of pure fear.

"Ow! Wh- What is it!?" Eli asked as he freaked out a little.

"M- Ma- Mara's here! I don't know why or how but- We have to stop her!"

"EH!? How did she-"

"She must have found the portal we used to get here. I was around the Vault and I just saw her walking around... If she finds us, we're gonna be in trouble."

"We'll see about that last part... But I think it's better we first mix the mess she has created."

"I agree with that. I could scout this island to make sure no one gets hurt!"

"Heh, seems like I'll have to do all the tough tasks now! I'm so ready..."

"It will be better, for them and for us! Please be careful out there..."

"I will! And make sure to come to me if you need anything, ok?"

"Thank you!"

Iris smiled and hugged him all of a sudden. Eli blushed a little, but he felt comfortable with it and wrapped his arms around her as well. He closed his eyes, and he felt like there was a really strong bond between them. He was in peace, but then he heard a small cry beside him.

"Oh? Iris, are you crying?" He asked.

"N- No?" She stuttered.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he hugged her tighter.

"I appreciate you worrying about me, but I'm fine."

"If you say so... Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"No need to be. Now, I suggest you go fix this mess."

"I will do just that. Take care, Iris..."

With a bit of concern, Eli made his way to the Valley of Triumph. Iris just looked at him as he went through the portal, and she sighed.

"I wish you could remember..." She whispered.

~

As he looked around, Eli noticed that the sky got even darker. This wasn't a good sign, so he hurried down the race track to make sure nothing was happening at the end of the realm. He got ready for a good flight, but as soon as he was about to take off he heard thunder strike from afar.

"What the hell was that orb? What did it make to this place?" He thought as he got ready to fly again.

"Would you like me to tell you?" An ominous voice whispered to his ear.

Eli quickly got his knife and tried to land a hit behind him, but they were able to move away. He surrounded himself in fire, trying to see who was it that had suddenly appeared. And as he did, he saw a dark outfit he could recognize even if he didn't want to.

"MARA!" Eli screamed.

"Heh, seems like I'm in your mind now..." She said as she started grinning.

"What the hell is wrong with you!? Why do you want to do this!?"