"N- No! You don't have to do this! PLEASE LET ME LIVE!"

~

After some running and searching, Eli and Iris found their way back Home. Iris was relieved, but Eli wasn't. He looked at the floor, trying to process all that had happened. He then looked at Iris, and he frowned.

"You have a lot of things to explain..." Eli said as he was still confused.

"Right... But, are you sure you want to know?" Iris said as she looked away. "There is so much behind that orb that's concerning. I had so much bad memories when that happened to me, and I wouldn't want you to remember the same..."

"Wait... The same? Are you saying our memories are connected? What are you saying!? Just tell me already!"

"..."

Iris blushed and looked away. Eli felt bad, for he thought that he was aggressive with his words. He sighed and got close, and he hugged her from behind. He gently played with her hair, and he could tell that she was feeling better.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you feel this way." He said.

"Don't worry, you didn't make anything. It's just that..." She sighed as she tried to end the phrase. "Based on what I saw when Mara made me remember everything, there is something about you and me that goes back a long time..."

"Is that so? But first of all, how did she make you remember everything? How is it that she's getting away with all this!?"

"She's a goddess, Eli. The maximum authority in this world. Even though other gods like you and I could be against her, eradicating each other is impossible since we have the same amount of power. Even harming each other is meant to not happen."

As Eli heard this, he remembered the damage he had previously done to Mara. Something about that memory and Iris' statements didn't connect, but he didn't question it for now. As he looked at the ground, Iris continued speaking.

"Even though we can't hurt each other, we somehow still can manipulate those of our hierarchy. She took control over me and tried to use me to shatter this world into a million pieces. I did a lot of things that I am still angry about, all because she's so arrogant and selfish... I did so much damage to Flockya, but thankfully Diiran interfered and rescued me from that dark time."

"May I ask, what damage did you do to this world?"

"You know... Golden Wasteland is as broken as it is because of me. I tried to escape her command, and in trying to do so I destroyed a lot of what that beautiful place used to be... I still feel bad about it."

"It wasn't your fault though! Why feel bad about something you couldn't control?"

"Because I did all that damage in the end! My body and my powers caused the place to shatter away! None of this would have happened if I just gave in..."

Eli was unsure of what to reply to that. Instead, he gave her a tight hug. He could feel her arms gently wrap around him, and he heard her sigh.

"After all that, I tried to kill her not knowing that it was impossible. That's when she made me remember everything. I can't see this world the same way after that. The only normal thing I can see in this world is you..." She said.

"Oh? Why is that?" Eli wondered.

"I guess it's about time I tell you..."

Iris stood up and made Eli stand up as well. She gently grabbed his hand, and she looked at him in the eyes. After a deep breath, she was ready to say it.