XII

"I promise I'll be back, little sis! I'd never leave you alone..."

~

"I... Need to... Get out of- AGH!"

Eli was awfully injured from the crash and fall he had just suffered. He tried to walk, but he was too weak to even move. He put all his remaining force in trying to stand up, but it was useless. He dropped to the ground in the attempt, his breathing slowly intensifying and his hands shaking. His eyes started to close, and he couldn't take the pain anymore.

"This can't be the end... IT CAN'T BE!" He screamed from the top of his lungs. "DIIRAN! IRIS! SOMEONE! I can't die here, not with all this happening..."

He shed a tear in despair, letting all of his fear rush out. It rolled down his face, and it dropped on the bandage on his hand. He closed his eyes as a sign of surrender, but a strange light made him open them up again.

"What the... Huh?"

The bandage was now glowing, and Eli was pretty confused by what he was witnessing. He thought that maybe his tear had made an effect on the bandage, so he looked for water around him to make that happen again. He crawled around the place, barely getting a grip on the sand, still really hurt and tired.

"Maybe this bandage can help me... Did Iris know I'd eventually need this?" He thought as he still moved around. "Either or, thank god I have this with me right now..."

He kept crawling, finally being able to spot a small pond from afar. He started to limit all his movements, for the pain started to intensify. He was screaming in pain, but he was finally close enough to drench the bandage in the pond.

"Please work..." He whispered with a tone of despair.

He put the bandage in the water, and to his luck, it started glowing again. He quickly unwrapped it from his hand, and he started wrapping it around his ankle. He could feel the bandage emitting some heat, which was a sting at first but was pretty tolerable afterwards. He took a deep breath, and as soon as he looked back at his foot he could move it again with ease. His entire leg felt better, so he did the same with the other leg. He used the bandage to heal his entire body, and the pain slowly faded away from his body and soul. He felt stable again, and that was a big step for him in this situation.

"Thank you, Iris..." He said as he closed his eyes.

As he closed them, he had a few flashbacks of the things she had said to him before. He remembered the last time he saw her, and every word that came along with that moment.

"You're my... what? What was she going to say? Why did I have to interrupt her!?" Eli said with anger in his voice. "I better ask her next time I see her. But I need to get out of here first."

He now had the strength to stand up, and walked around the place a little. He looked up, and he could barely see the sky above. He wondered how he was still not dead after such a long fall, but now was not the time to worry about that. Eli had to find Mara and stop her from harming Penny.

"I'm coming for you, Mara! This isn't over yet!" He screamed.

He jumped and tried to fly, only to leave his face engraved on the sand below him. He didn't have the energy to fly, which was yet another obstacle for him.

"Well, that's not good..." Eli said as he sighed. "There's no light sources here! What the heck am I supposed to do?"

He tried to create fire, but all he could create was a spark. There was no way he would find a way out if he stayed still, so he kept walking around. The place was really eerie, everything was dark, and there was no noise other than the one Eli did as he walked. Even though he felt it would be useless, he tried to call for help.