VII

As Eli headed back home, he saw Iris sitting down looking at the horizon. He was happy to see that she was safe, but he thought it wouldn't be a good idea to keep such dangerous news hidden from her. She slowly got close, rubbed her shoulder and sat down beside her.

"I saw Mara." Eli said.

"Eh!? What happened? Are you ok!?" Iris said as she gasped.

"That blue fire appeared again. I'm guessing it's some sort of new power I have, but I can't control it... But putting that aside, I was able to stop her from infecting another shrine. She must already be on her way to another one, so I guess I should go!"

"Wait! Can I go with you? Being here is a bit boring..."

"Heh, sure!"

Eli stood up and lent his hand for Iris to stand up. She looked at him and gave him a quick hug. He smiled, and he gave her a pat in the head.

"Alright! I could be wrong, but there's a chance she could be at the Hidden Forest. Let's go there!" Eli said.

"If you say so!" Iris replied.

Eli held her hand, and they both went through the portal together. Since they were gods, the rain did no harm to them. However, Eli remembered the time where Skye got injured because of it. He got chills around his body, but he relaxed soon enough. They kept flying and gliding, until they eventually reached the Great Hollow Tree.

"So far nothing seems to be out of place. Maybe this is a good signal!" Eli thought.

"And better yet, look up ahead!" His mind said.

He lifted his sight, curious of why his mind told him that. And when he did, he couldn't stop smiling.

"Wow! Skye, that was amazing!" Nathan said as he clapped along with Luna.

"Haha, thank you!" Skye replied. "I could play a slower ballad if you don't mind. You two could dance together if you wanted!"

"Oh! I... I wouldn't mind." Luna said as she blushed.

"No need to be shy, honey!" Skye said as she smiled. "Alright then, here goes nothing! I call this one the Ballad of the Skies..."

Eli saw she closed her eyes and she started playing a melody he could recognize. He dropped a tear as he kept smiling, for a lot of wholesome memories came back to his mind. He saw that Nathan grabbed Luna's hand and gently pulled her towards him. They were slowly moving from side to side, dancing with their eyes closed along with the pure melody that blessed their ears. Eli wanted to move along with the melody, but he couldn't afford to have his identity revealed over music.

"Some times I wish I could go back to where everything was at peace..." Eli said to himself.

"I suggest you don't think that now. Look ahead." His mind said.

He looked up without hesitating too much. And as he did, he realized his mind was actually of use for once. There were shadows slowly approaching Skye and the couple that was dancing. The three of them were lost in the music and had their eyes closed, so they couldn't see or feel that there were enemies approaching. Eli freaked out a little, but then he thought of something.

"Iris!" He whispered. "You rush your way to the shrine and purify it, ok? I'll make sure they don't get hurt!"

"Count on it!" She said back.

She sprinted away, and Eli only saw her slowly becoming smaller as she went deeper and deeper into the forest. He then turned around and saw the shadows were even closer, so he started getting rid of them. He was as quiet as he could so he didn't interrupt the special moment, and it seemed like it was working. He vanquished the first wave, and then he looked at Skye again. She seemed to be in peace, playing her harp in a way Eli had never seen before. Her new outfit made her look more like an angel compared to that one time she played on her own and he simply stood there, amazed. He smiled and blushed a little, but then things started to get interesting.