XV

"Brother, are you sure you want to do this?"

"It's not that I want to do it, sis. I need to! But everything will be ok."

"It's risky to go out there alone! At least take me with you!"

"I know it is dangerous, but I know I can do it! I'm just trying to help the family here. I'm sure someone up there will protect me in all my path."

"Are you saying I won't be protected by anybody?"

"Oh, shut Iris, you know what I'm talking about. I'll be here sooner than you can imagine!"

"You better be! Mom and dad are going to be really angry is something happens to you."

"And that's why you don't need to tell them anything. None of this your fault, don't try to put the blame on you if something happens, okay?"

"Okay..."

Iris hugged his brother and looked at him, not knowing if it would be the last time she did. She looked at his blonde hair, his blue eyes and dark outfit, wishing for everything to go well.

"You promise I'll be able to see you again?" Iris asked.

"I promise, Iris! We will meet again, in this life or in another one. I promise I'll never leave you alone." Her brother said.

"Take care, Eli..." She said.

"I will, sis." He said as he sighed.

Eli gently kissed her forehead, picked his backpack and opened the door. He stepped outside, the cold breeze hitting his face and making him shiver a little. Before he went on his little adventure, he looked at his sister. Her long golden hair was waving with the wind, looking at him worried. He wanted to cry, but being weak was the worst thing he could do right now. He closed the door, turned around, and started walking.

"I just need to go get some money and come back. It's not that hard to do, is it?" Eli said to himself. "You have dark clothes and you have a knife, there's no way you're seen or attacked!"

The moon shined bright, but the trees couldn't let him see the light. It felt as is he was walking through a pitch black hall, and we has a little scared. He knew where he had to go and who he had to meet. He knew he could trust him. He just had to get there and come back.

"Don't get sidetracked. Don't get distracted. Don't talk to anyone you don't know." Eli said as he kept walking. The cold wind made his voice a little shaky, but he didn't care. As he kept walking, he saw a flickering lamp post at the distance, at first he was scared, but then he remembered something important.

"When the light flickers, your presence shall be known. Right, I need to call him here." Eli said. He put his backpack down and jumped to stomp the floor, knowing something was going to happen. He looked down at his backpack to pick it back up, hearing some footsteps as he did. He looked around, and then he saw who he was looking for.

"Oh, there you are." Eli said to the man who wasn't a stranger to his sight. "Sorry I took so long, my sister didn't want me to go out."

"I thought I had told you to not let anyone know about this, Eli." The man whispered. "But at least she hasn't told your parents, right?"

"Yeah, I trust her more than you can imagine. I'm sure she's said nothing."

"Good. I'd love to keep talking with you but I don't think I have the time. I think I was followed here. I don't want you to be in trouble."