four

"I'd love to go on a date with you."

The words played in Tae's mind over and over again as he walked himself back to his dorms, hoping to stop by Yoongi's on the way there. He had a date. A date with a girl he'd been crushing on for a few weeks now.

Fuck yes.

"What's got you smiling like that?" An arm wrapped around his neck as Jimin fell in place next to him. Tae grinned, turning to his best friend.

"She said yes, dude-- we're going on a date tonight!" Jimin's eyebrows raised, clapping his friend on the back.

"Shit-- congrats, man." Tae laughed. Jimin wiggled his eyebrows. "Do I need to make my own plans for tonight?" Tae opened his mouth to respond but another voice interrupted him.

"What's happening tonight?" You fell in step on the other side of Jimin, putting him in between the two of you. Tae gave you a small smile as Jimin filled in.

"Taehyung's got a date with that girl!"

He turned a bit red as your eyebrows raised a little. "I don't know if it'll become anything, but yeah, she said yes," he exclaimed, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh." Your face fell for a moment but it quickly lifted. "That's great, Tae! Have fun, okay?"

He smiled wide. "Thanks, y/n."

Jimin removed his arm from around his friend's neck and stopped walking. "I've got class in the other building so I have to run-- where are you guys going?"

You and Taehyung responded at the same time. "Yoongi's."

Jimin nodded. "Have fun then." You gave him a wave as Taehyung shoved his hands into his pockets as you began to walk again.

"So," he began, "you okay?"

You looked up at him and nodded. "I'm good-- why?"

"No, I just--" he shook his head. "Nothing. Thanks for being happy for me, y/n." You nodded and shrugged.

"'course, that's what friends are for." He smiled and you cleared your throat. "Soooo? Where are you gonna take her?"

"Oh!" He pulled out his phone from his pocket. "I should probably make reservations. Where should I take her?"

You bumped your shoulder with his. "You haven't even decided yet and the date is tonight?" He chuckled as you watched his long fingers type your birthday as his passcode. You winced.

"Leave me alone-- she just said yes a little while ago." You rolled your eyes as he held the door open for you to the door of the building. You both headed towards the elevators.

"Have you made them?"

"Yeah." You gave him a small smile and nodded, rocking on your feet. "Anyway-- do you have ideas for the piece?" Letting out a small sigh, you stepped onto a free elevator.

"Not really, no." He nodded, agreeing. "I'm sure Yoongs will give us something to do, right?"

"Yeah, I hope so."

The rest of the elevator ride carried out with an awkward silence filling the air. You looked everywhere, trying to avoid his eye and he seemed to be doing the same. However, you kept meeting anyway when your eyes found each other in the mirrors.

You couldn't have been more glad to reach Yoongi's floor.

You skipped down the hallway to his dorm room with Taehyung close behind, texting someone on his phone. You knocked and heard a grumble of a swear before the door open.