sixteen

Still sweating quite a bit, you grabbed your bag, shoving your things into it. Jimin chuckled as he changed his shirt. "You're just gonna go like that?"

"It's just sweat."

"You stink."

"And?" You stuck your tongue out at him and he stuck it outback. Laughing together, you got ready to go. "Did you give your girlfriend that present you got her?"

"Nah, not yet-- the date's this weekend." You nodded and Hoseok walked into the room, chugging on some water. You smiled. "Hey, hyung."

"Hey," you said with a smile. "I'm off to art."

"You did great today, y/n." You smiled and saluted him. Jimin sprayed deodorant all over himself as you checked your phone. "And-- you guys?" Hoseok asked, addressing the both of you. You both looked up.

"Yeah, hyung?"

"You wanna do that last piece? Another duet? Or one of you could do a solo?"

You and Jimin turned around to look at each other. Jimin shrugged at you. You shook your head. "I can't Hobi. I have so much on my plate right now I just can't." Hoseok shook his head, pouting. 

Jimin raised his hand. "I could do a solo, hyung-- but I think you should do one. What about that other one you did before. The evil one?" Hoseok shook his head as you slipped your shoes on.

"Nah, I can't. I really need someone else to do it." Jimin nodded. "So you're down, Jiminie?"

"Yep, I can do it." The boys smiled and shook hands. You fixed your bags before standing. "I'll text you then, hyung. I can come into the studio tomorrow too."

"Sounds great, buddy." You smiled, taking Jimin's arm. "You're going?" You both nodded. "I'll see you then-- make sure you both work on that duet."

"We will."

Hoseok left and you and Jimin walked off with your things, heading towards the exit of the changerooms. "Don't you feel overwhelmed, y/n?" he asked with a sigh, holding the gym doors open for you.

"Thanks-- I mean, I don't know, Jimin. I just try not to think about any of it."

He sighed, falling into step next to you down the hall. "Let's see." He pulled up his hand, counting down his fingers. "You have this dance comp, you have that art show-- two pieces for that, you have school, you babysit, you tutor-- is there anything else I should be adding?"

Your phone buzzed as he waited for you to respond. You gasped, adding something to his list. "I have to see Jin!"

"Who?"

You began to run, holding your gym bag close to you. Jimin ran after you. "Jin! From the psych department! I'm helping with that experiment, remember?"

"Oh, right, shit-- that's another finger." He ran after you. "So why are we fucking sprinting to him right now?"

"He just emailed me!" You breathed heavily as you came to a stop, waiting for people to keep walking so you could get out of the building to run to the humanities department. Jimin heaved, grabbing your shoulder as you walked through the crowd.

"Did you forget a meeting with him or something?"

"Yes! Shit, Jiminie-- he asked me to go through these studies for him and I did but I haven't been able to give them to him-- I have to go step in and ask when I can bring them to him."

"Am I coming with you, then?" You shot him a smile, looking back as you began to rush again, heading towards the TA's office.

"Yes, you are."