eight

"Thanks for stopping by, y/n."

"No problem, sir-- what can I do?"

"You can start with just calling me Jin," your TA laughed. You smiled. "Let's speak casually."

"Alright-- what can I do, Jin?" He smiled and held up a stack of papers, setting them on his desk, hands on his hips. He sighed, gesturing to them. "These are the studies we're to replicate."

"Wow."

"We won't be needing all of them-- I just took them from the prof's office under memory and other cognitive processes." You nodded slowly and began to leaf through the first few pages of the stacks of papers.

"What can I do?"

"Would you go through all of them?" Your eyes widened and Jin gestured to his desk. "I've got papers to mark and it isn't that much?" You laughed, staring at the papers. "Okay, maybe it's a lot but you've got lots of time-- take as long as you need."

"I mean, I can try."

"You just need to find the ones that we've gone over in our classes, okay? Just the studies we've done."

"Do you want me to just set the ones we haven't done aside?" He nodded.

"That'd be perfect-- and you can return to me with two piles?" You nodded and reached for the pile attempting to lift it. "Oh here-- I can help you--"

"No, si-- Jin, it's alright, I've got it." He smiled and helped fix your purse over your shoulder. "I'll get going then?"

"Sounds good." You smiled and began to walk towards his office door as he sat down in his chair. "Oh, y/n-- did you get the email this morning?"

"From you?" Jin nodded. "I did, yes. I don't have a partner for the studies yet but I'll write you back with one."

"Okay-- well, about that." He chuckled and pulled out a piece of paper from one of his drawers. "I got a special request from one of the participants to be paired with you specifically?" 

You laughed. "And who'd that be?"

"Oh, he was really cute-- he came in excited to sign up and was telling me all about how he's never done anything like this before." You set your papers down and walked over to Jin to take a look at the list Jin had. You laughed.

"Of course, I'd love to work with him."

"Anything I should be aware of, Ms. Y/N?" Jin asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "We don't want any bias." You shook your head and laughed, walking back to the door.

"I'm not dating Jungkook, Jin-- don't worry."

-

"I dont know, guys."

The three of you were sitting at the back of your class with your desk arranged together in a small group. You had a free period to study, something your history teacher was considering as a gift to you all since you had a test for the class the next day.

"Maybe you're lactose intolerant," Taw suggested. "No more milkshakes for you, y/n."

"Shut up, Taehyung." You dropped your head onto your desk and sighed. "I wanna go home."

Your stomach had been hurting like crazy since lunch started and you had no idea why. The boys had teased you for it at first but once realizing you were really in a lot of pain, they'd eased up, giving you looks of sympathy.

They had frowns on their faces. "Is it that bad?" Jimin asked softly.

"Yeah."

"Maybe you need to eat something?" You looked up and Taehyung passed over a granola bar. You smiled and took it.