forty-three

"You look super pretty, by the way." You smiled, playing with the corasage on your wrist.

"Thanks." Your date nodded and you walked into the dance with you right behind him. He turned and you smiled.

"Should I get you a drink or anything while you find your friends?"

"That'd be lovely, thank you." He nodded and walked away, going to get you some food. You turned, scanning the room for Jimin or Taehyung or someone else ou'd know. You wanted to take pictures with those two for sure and you were determined to enjoy the night. No matter what happened, you weren't going to let yourself get upset.

No matter what.

"Look at youuu," Jimin sang, wrapping you up in a hug. You smiled, hugging back.

"And you-- this was your super expensive suit?" You both pulled away and you brushed at his shoulder. "Looks like any old suit to me."

"Excuse me--"

"Anywhere, where's Tae at?" Has he arrived?" Jimin looked around with you.

"He hasn't . He texted me that he picked his girl up but they're stuck in a bit of traffic?"

Your eyebrows furrowed up. "His girl?"

"His date?" You nodded slowly. "Yeah, anyway-- maybe he'll be a bit late." You nodded again and your date approached you and Jimin, handing you a cup. They shook hands and Jimin raised a hand. "I'm gonna go find my girlfriend?"

You nodded and smiled. "Tell her I say hi!" He nodded and jogged off, running to find her. You turned back to your date. "I promised Taehyung I'd have a dance with him when he gets there. Is that alright?" Your date smiled.

"Yeah, for sure-- we aren't exclusive or anything, are we?"

You smiled and shook your head. "Glad we're on the same page. I hope you're okay with that then." He nodded. "Do you wanna go take some pictures? The photobooth looks really cute."

"Sure-- and I can take some pictures for you if you want." You smiled and nodded. So what if Taehyung was your usual photographer?

You and your date took a few photos at the photobooth and had them developed for keepsakes. You then headed off to the side to take photos just as the first slow song played. Your date paused, your phone in his hand. "You want to dance, y/n?" You smiled and shook your head.

"We can dance the next?" He smiled and you sat down on the stairs for a picture.

You looked up as he messed with your phone to see people still entering through the netarance. One of those people being Taehyung and his date. Your mouth opened a little to see him as handsome as ever in his suit but quickly looked away. He did not need to see you oggling at him, especially when he had the palm of his hand against the small of his date's back.

You went back to your pictures and you smiled at your date. He smiled. "You look great, y/n." You thanked him again. "What are your plans for uni?"

He handed you your phone back and you took a look at the pictures and figured you could ask Tae to edit them for you later in the night. Your date sat next to you on the stairs and you started to talk to him about post-secondary.

You didn't bother to look up to see if Tahehyung to see if he'd gone in as you spoke to your date, having been having a genuine conversation with him. But Tae looked up and noticed you.

And he stopped walking at the sight of you.

It'd been a long time since he'd felt that way about you. A long long time since Taehyung had looked at you and had his stomach flip. Because he simply didn't like you like that anymore.