forty-one

"Jiminie hyung! Congratulations!"

You smiled, crossing your arms over your chest as Jungkook gave his drunk friend a hug "Jungkookie! You missed the main event!"

"I know! I know! I wish I'd been there but I couldn't get a flight early enough, hyung!"

"We missed you!" Jimin slung onto Jungkook's shoulder until his wife pried him away. Once Jungkook was standing straight, he bowed.

"Congratulations, noona!"

"Thank you, Jungkookie-- I'm going to take him to the bathroom, okay?" Jungkook nodded and you striaghtedned out your dress as a familiar woman approached you. You smiled, crouching down.

"I told you I'd be back!" You cooed, taking Jae's hands. He was wobbling around, clearly very tired. "Is it time to go home, honey?"

"Hyung?"

"He's parking his car," you informed him. You smiled and turned up to his mother. "Are you taking him home?"

"We'll be heading in just a moment. My husband just needs to get the car and I need to formally bid the couple goodbye." You smiled and nodded, chatting with her for a moment as Taehyung returned.

He smiled to see Jae in your arms, drifting to sleep with a little drool on your shoulder. Grabbing a napkin from a nearby table, he headed right over, reaching for your dress. "He's got..." you looked back to see Taehyng dabbing away at the fabric and at Jae's cheek. His mother smiled, taking the tissue from Taehyng to toss and you stared at him.

"He's cute," Tae whispered, smiling down at the toddler. "Kids like this at the studio?"

"We're working on getting toddlers in." He nodded and looked up from Jae to make eye contact with you. He raised an eyebrow and you let your eyes close, rubbing the toddler's back softly as he turned his head in his sleep.

When Jae's mother returned, she informed you that her husband had pulled up to the front. Taking her child carefully from your arms, she thanked you. "He's had a blast with you both tonight. He's been having trouble with playing with the other children at daycare so this makes me feel a lot better about his socialization."

You smiled. "Of course!"

"He'll be alright-- he's just a bit shy. He was with me last night at the party too but I got to him," Tae assured her gently.

You waved them off and cooed at the way Jae's face cheek smushed against his mothers shoulder as she carried him away, his thumb in his mouth. "I think I love him," you whispered, shaking your head.

Teahyung shook his head. "You've always loved kids." Nodding you wanted out. Too much time with this man was not going to do any good.

''I'm gonna find jm/w?" Tae nodded slowly and watched you scurry off in your heels. He could tell they were bothering you again but opted not to say anything.

It took you a while to find the bride, but once you did, you had to grab her hair back that had fallen out of its bun. "Y/N," she sighed, leaning against the stall. You brushed her hair away from her face and smiled.

"Mrs. Park." She gave you a smile, eyes closed. "Have you been drinking?" you asked gently. "I thought one of you would stay sober."

She gave you a smile and you raised an eyebrow as she straightened up, letting you dab sweat off of her forehead. "I'm pregnant."

Your jaw dropped as she reached for a hug. You hugged her back, still in shock. "Are you really?" You wanted to scream and jump. "A baby?"

"Yeah-- I haven't told him yet though, so don't..." you shook your heady rapidly, hugging her again. "I found out a few days ago. I'm telling him in the morning." You nodded and took her hands, jumping up and down in your heels.