nineteen

an// heyhey!! im feeling a bit stuck for this book so this is a little filler chapter. i just wanted to say that there are more passages in italics in this chapter because the three of them are talking about old memories. i just want to say that these two sections are not of them in middle school but rather in highschool (while y/n likes tae). i just wanted to clear that up! enjoy :)

~

"We're here to see Jiminie," you called out, kicking your shoes off. Jimin's mother smiled and shut the door behind the two of you as you ran up the stairs.

"Don't get too close to him-- he's been sneezing a lot."

"We won't!"

Taehyung reached forward to hand you Jimin's folders and you took them, hugging them to your chest as Tae stepped in front of you to push open Jimin's door. You pouted as you walked in and Jimin looked up from his TV.

"Hey, guys." His voice was worse than before.

"Jiminie," you sighed, walking over and sitting on his bed against his headboard next to him. He gave you a small smile and you leaned your head against his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.

"Don't get too close, y/n," Tae warned, setting Jimin's things down.

"Thanks, guys," Jiminie sniffled. 

"No problem, dude." Tae took a seat in Jimin's chair across the room as he reached up to fix his hair. Mrs. Park walked in just then, balancing two bowls in her hands.

"Here you kids go." 

Jimin pouted as Tae and you were each handed a bowl of ice cream. "Mom," he whined.

"You know it will just make you more sick. And I don't have anything else to feed these two." You both thanked her and she nodded. "Will you be staying for dinner?"

"I'll have to ask my parents," you said. She nodded and Tae responded with the same.

As she left, you felt the vibes of the room shift. It was quiet on Tae's end as he spun in Jimin's chair while you snuggled up close to your sick friend to watch TV with him. Tae watched longingly, hating himself for it but feeling jealous of the fact that it wasn't him who was sick.

"Guys?"

You peeled your eyes away from the screen to look at him but Jimin was too preoccupied with the Simpsons. "Yes, TaeTae?"

"I can't even see the screen." You giggled and pushed yourself closer to Jimin, pushing him onto his right pillow. He groaned, shifting over with his mountain of tissues as you made room for Tae on your other side. You patted the bed.

"Come watch?"

He smiled and stood, walking over and sitting right next to you. He glanced over but you'd gone back to leaning against Jimin again. Tae felt defeated as he played with his fingers against Jimin's blue sheets.

It remained like that for a while, the buzzing feeling of jealousy over taking Tae's chest as you leaned comfortably against Jimin to watch your show, laughing at all the right times. Tae was just laughing when you were to make sure you wouldn't question his attention.

When Jimin sneezes, however, you come shooting right up. "I'm sorry," he mumbles, wiping at his nose with a tissue. You sighed and pat his shoulder as Tae watched. "I'm not that sick, guys, I promise."

"It's okay, Jiminie." You pressed your hand to Tae's leg, to which he froze, and leaned over his chest to Jimin's nightstand. "Drink some water."