thirty-one

Tae had stayed for the whole show, waiting in the audience as you both performed and took your time changing and getting undressed. Even though Jimin was blabbing away about the whole thing, the dance and how proud he was for not once slipping in any of your turns or lifts, you couldn't even bring yourself to listen.

"Am I talking to myself?"

"Yeah," you whispered, distant.

"You good?" Jimin placed both hands on your shoulders and tilted his head. You stared at him, finally properly meeting his eye. His eyebrows raised when you put your hands on his bare shoulders too.

"When you kiss someone, how many butterflies do you feel in your stomach?"

Jimin chuckled. "You want me to count the butterflies in my stomach every time I kiss jm/gf?"

"Like-- is it a lot?"

"It's a whole fucking zoo in there, y/n." You titled your head and pressed a hand to your abdomen. No. No zoo. "Who you been kissing, hm?"

You let go of Jimin's shoulders and sighed, shaking your head. "What about our kiss? You remember that-- any butterflies then?"

"We're best friends, stupid." Jimin ruffled the hair you'd just brushed out. "No butterflies, y/n."

He walked off, pulling on a sweatshirt as you dropped into your chair with all your stuff. He trend back to look at you and tilted his head, smiling. "Kisses don't always mean something, do they?"

"You're asking the reformed king of one-night stands." 

You nodded to yourself. "Right?" Standing, you began to gather your things. "Exactly."

"Mhm-- you wanna explain anything?" Jimin asked, propping himself up onto a fold-up table as you shoved things into your dance bag. "Who'd you kiss?"

"Tae."

Jimin dropped his phone.

"What the fuck?"

"I know." You smiled, looking up at him. "But it's fine. He's just Tae."

"Y/N--"

"And I didn't feel that many butterflies or anything. Plus you and I kissed and we're best friends. So--"

"We were 13, y/n."

"That's the point." You puddle your bag over your shoulder. "We barely knew anything then and we were fine. Me and Tae know nothing's gonna happen so we're even more fine. We're mature now."

Jimin was quiet for a moment. "Taehyung has a girlfriend, y/n."

You nodded slowly. "It wasn't intentional, Jiminie," you explained. "We were hiding and both Yoongi and Hobi walked by so he was just hiding me--"

"So he kissed you?"

"Yeah."

Jimin stared at you long and hard as you waited patiently for a response from him. When he just shook his head, bending down to get his phone, you sighed, poking him. "I just don't know what to say, man."

"It wasn't a big deal, Jimin."

"That's what you always say but I don't know what's ever going on between the two of you."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you or did you not like him, y/n?" You frowned. "I swear you liked him and I swear he liked you at one point too. So I don't know if those feelings are surfacing or what but I don't wanna be a part of it."

"Taehyung and I are just friends."

"Yeah," Jimin sighed, "I thought so too."

You walked out of the tension-filled room, feeling a little bit at ease in the hallway. "It was just to hide, Jimin. I don't think it means anything. He... he likes t/gf a lot, remember?"