ᴏɴᴇ

╰ ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─ ╯

Eren began to come to, feeling his limbs ache and throb. His muscles felt weak and as heavy as cinderblocks. Hushed voices communicated back and forth a few feet away, and a rhythmic beep of a heart monitor echoed.

His eyes struggled open to see a nurse smiling down at him. "Hello, young man. How are you feeling?"

Eren croaked out, "In pain. Where am I?"

"You are at Maria Hospital." The nurse answered, replacing Eren's IV. "Is there anything I can get you?"

"Water would be nice, thank you."

The nurse nodded and left. The teen looked over to the whispering voices in the corner. One looked to be a doctor, but the other was a police officer. They looked serious and somewhat panicked.

The doctor turned and greeted Eren. "Hello - Mr. Eren Yeager, correct?" Eren nodded. "I'm Dr. Reiss, it's nice to meet you. I'm sure you have many questions; however, would it be okay if Officer Harbor and I ask you some questions first?"

Eren nodded and tried to sit up a bit. The nurse entered and helped Eren with his drink. She then raised his bed for him and left to give them privacy.

"Hello, Mr. Yeager. I'm Officer Harbor." The policeman informed, pulling out a notepad. "I understand you have suffered a concussion and may not remember much, so just try to answer. It's okay if you don't remember."

Eren raised a hand to his head, massaging the pain pounding at his skull. His mind then flashed back to the last thing he remembered - his mother murdering Marco.

"She killed him..." Eren mumbled to himself.

"What was that, Mr. Yeager?" The officer asked, furrowed his brow intensely.

"My mom," the teen quivered, "she killed Marco Bolt. I saw her shoot him."

The officer wrote on his notepad before continuing. "And your mother's name is Carla Yeager, correct?"

Eren nodded, still in shock. The doctor grab some charts and left, allowing them some privacy. Officer Harbor paused before grabbing a chair and sitting across from Eren's hospital bed.

"Do you know a boy by the name of Levi Ackerman?"

Eren shot his head up at Levi's name, feeling a dread swell in his stomach. Adrenaline shot through him, and his breathing sped up.

Eren panicked, "Where's Levi? Where's my mother?"

"Relax, Mr. Yeager you're safe." Officer Harbor assured.

Eren couldn't believe him, and the fear that he fell asleep with returned ten times worse. His heart rate monitor sped up, and he threw off his blanket.

"I gotta get outta here! My father's gonna kill me!" Eren struggled to stand, but three nurses busted in to stop him. "Don't touch me!"

"Mr. Yeager," The doctor distracted as a nurse uncapped a syringe. "You need to relax and let us help you. You are safe here."

Eren heard the click of the syringe and backed away towards the wall. He felt the tug of the IV in his arm. The teen pulled the needle out carelessly, accidentally cutting his arm. He stared down at his forearm, dripping with blood.

A memory shot into his mind of his bloody forearm and his friend Armin chasing him. The memory was filled with terror and panic. He remembered running from Armin because...he attacked him. Eren shook his head and refocused on the group cornering him.