ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx

"How long is the ride?" Armin asked.

Erwin thought for a moment. He recalled, "I think it was two days, last I remember. Levi, Hange, and I traveled down here one summer for some harsh training."

"Jeez, I feel nervous. Kenny was training me until he left after the Fox Hole incident." Armin chuckled nervously. "I bet he'll call me sloppy for using such big measures."

Erwin shrugged, "Maybe, maybe not. You outshine Hange. Basically dropkicked her off the throne."

Armin stared at Hange on the other side of the common area, typing away before they lost internet connection. She looked highly frustrated.

"I feel bad." Armin sighed. "She been hacking for years, and I show up and, in a couple months, I've overthrew her career."

"That's her fault. She became Levi's enemy; therefore, she was Kenny's enemy too."

The two sat in silence before Armin asked, "So, how did you three meet up? I mean, it's rare for Levi to tolerate anybody."

Erwin paused, and a sullen look appeared on his face. "Gang war of the century."

╰ ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─ ╯

Kenny was feuding with a powerful rival. At the time, Levi was just starting middleschool and his harsh training on the island. The rival invaded their base and began killing everyone.

"Was that a gun shot?" Izzy fretted. Farhan went to comfort her.

Izzy and Farlan were Levi's closest friends. Izzy was far too small to go into training, but Levi and Farlan were partners.

Levi looked out the window and saw a guard fall to the floor, blood splattering over the concrete. The raven slightly panicked.

"Ok, someone is attacking." He informed.

Izzy began to tear up, but Levi quickly scooped her up in his arms, "You're fine. Were all fine. We can handle this."

Farlan grabbed his and Levi's guns. The trio left their room and moved towards the panic rooms below the base. Levi took too fast of a turn and came face to face with an enemy.

Levi cursed as he tried to pull Izzy away from the man. Farlan stepped in and took a shot at him, but another one soon followed.

"Farlan!" Levi shouted, but Farlan had already hit the floor dead.

They fired at about the same time, both fatally. Izzy screamed, but Levi covered her mouth so no one else could find them. Though it pained him, he had to keeping going without him.

Levi grabbed his pistol from his dead friends waist. "I can't carry you anymore. You need to stick by me."

Izzy nodded slowly, holding back her sobs. She stared into Farlan's empty eyes. Levi distracted her and pulled her towards the panic rooms.

They were able to sneak down, but as they reached the entrances, Levi noticed them all open. None of them had been used. Izzy panicked as he paused.

"Come on, Levi!" She urged pulling on him. "We need to get to safety!"

Levi shook his head. "Something not right."

Izzy heard footsteps heading towards them. She quickly ran into one of the empty, pitch-black rooms. Levi tried to grab her, only missing her by an inch.

"Izzy, no!" Levi yelled.

Bang!
....Thud.

Levi's eyes widened as Izzy's corpse fell through the door way. His heart plummeted to the center of the Earth as the rival gangleader stepped out from the shadows. Behind him stood Hange and Erwin, pistols in hand.

"Gameover pipsqueak." The leader cackled, aiming his gun at Levi's head.

Levi didn't speak. Instead he fell to the floor staring into Izzy's lifeless eyes. He began to tear up, and the guilt pooled through him.

"Izzy...I'm so...s-sorry." He sniffled. "You trusted me to protect you, and...I failed."

Hange and Erwin felt bad for watching a kid die, but now they had to watch the kid's friend die as well. They were already unsure of their work with the rival leader.

With a shared nod, they aimed their pistols up towards the leader in unison.

The leader snarled, "The hell do you think you're doing, brats?"

They didn't speak, only glared. Levi looked up from his crying for to see the leader's henchmen turn on him.

The leader began to slowly laugh. "Neither of you will make it. Hange, you're hacking skills are only subpar, and Erwin, you're nothing but a dumb brute. You're both replaceable!"

Bang!

╰ ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─ ╯

Armin gaped at Erwin as he finished his story. Erwin brushed hair out of his face and leaned back in his chair, trying to not fall into flash backs.

"You betrayed your leader for Levi?" Armin gasped. "You could've been killed!"

Erwin shrugged, "But I wasn't. Levi didn't deserve to lose Izzy. Ever since the three of us have been partners, and Levi has never cared for anyone else — except for Eren. I'm still not sure why."

Levi stepped out into the common area. "Just because." He stated.

Armin and Erwin were both startled at his sudden appearance. Hange glanced away from her screen to notice. Levi slowly moved to a chair and sat down. Something was clearly on his mind.

"Erwin, Hange," Levi began. "This alliance Eren made me promise to, how long do you think this will last?"

Hange and Erwin looked to eachother, but none of them gave an answer. Levi chuckled, "Neither of you can make your own decisions."

Erwin stated, "Levi, you've made Eren mad, brainwashed Armin to be your henchman, and brought historical distress to all of Maria. Plus, you abused Hange and I when we tried to help you!"

Levi listened to Erwin's rant. Once he was finished he looked towards Hange. She was silent for a moment before giving her answer, "We can't help you anymore, Levi. Though I really want to...for Izzy's sake."

Levi swallowed nervously as she brought up Izzy's name. She continued, "The only reason I put up with your asshole personality and insane obsessions is because I felt bad for Izzy."

She looked to Armin, "Could you give us a minute?"

Armin nodded and left to the lower barracks. Levi eyed Hange as she stood and moved closer.

"I killed Izzy." Hange admitted, her head lowered in shame. "I fired that bullet that killed her."

Erwin panicked, "Hange, don't!"

Levi hushed him and paused. "You only put up with me because you want to make her happy?"

"I tried to fix you, Levi," Hange sighed as she began to leave, "but you're far beyond repair." Erwin hated it, but he had to agree.

Levi had always thought that they switched sides because they hated their leader, but they stayed and helped Levi because they wanted to appease her. Hange felt guilty — that's all. True, they cared for Levi at one point; however, that care faded and now, the pair couldn't handle him anymore.

"Sorry, Levi." Erwin huffed. "I can't keep following like a mindless drone."

Hange added, "We won't fight you, but we can't work with you either."

The pair disappeared to the lower decks, leaving Levi alone. As he watched them leave, a guy feeling washed over him — the same feeling he felt when Izzy died.

The raven mumbled to himself, "I've royally screwed up."

╰ ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─ ╯

Will the screw get back together? Will they end up fighting again?

I woke up and chose depression today apparently 😭😭

Toodles~