||~𝔖𝔦𝔵~||

Silence overtakes the cave where groups of orcs, kijin, goblins and lizardmen sit on shabby wooden benches expectantly staring at Rimuru who is perched on Shion's lap

Silence overtakes the cave where groups of orcs, kijin, goblins and lizardmen sit on shabby wooden benches expectantly staring at Rimuru who is perched on Shion's lap. Rimuru nervously looks over at Harumi who plays in Benimaru's hair trying to distract herself from the nerves she feels as well. 

Rimuru Looks back at the group before clearing his throat "Uh... So I've never led a meeting like this before so it's not really my strong suit" he begins swallowing the last of his nerves "I will just say what's on my mind. I have no intention to charge the orcs with any crimes. I know this may upset many of you who have suffered by their hands either directly or indirectly, but under the circumstances I feel punishment is not the answer to this problem. They did the things they did due to famine. Because of this I feel anyone, of any race, might have made the same choice if it meant a chance at saving their people"

Harumi Looks up from the red nest of hair she created and furrows her eyes at the groups who look between themselves and the orcs, a slightly judging expression on their faces. 

"If you guys are angry, direct that anger towards me, not my Aniki or the orcs. I'm the one who promised the orc chieftain that I would take care of his people. I made that decision, not anyone else" Harumi shouts a defensive look on her face as she flies off of Benimaru's head and grows to her normal size.

"No one is angry, Harumi, least of all towards you. We would just like to know your personal thoughts on what caused you to make this decision. We all have either heard of or saw what you did when you found out what they did and what they were going to do to your forest and its inhabitants. We just want to understand how you can take in the ones responsible for that and not hold any ill feelings against them" the Lizardman chieftain says calmly.

All of the tension and defensiveness leaves Harumi's body and she sags a solemn look on her face as she takes a deep breath "When Aniki consumed the orc chieftain he took upon all of his and his people's sins wiping the slate clean. Yes they killed so many and destroyed parts of my forest and its creatures but they did it under the pretense of false promises of being saved made by a man who had no intentions of actually helping. The chief thought all who he ate would not be dead but he was misled"