Chapter 1: Naming Ceremony

"River wake up! We got to go!" River slowly looked up to the sight of the kitten. "Please?" He asked, as she noticed Golden darting around their homes. "What is he doing?" The calico asked. "Oh, he just scouting for the humans. Now come on!"

It didn't take long for them to escape. The humans they were used to went to something important, and left a babysitter for them. She didn't care much for the animals, and that was perfect for them.

They ran through the cat door, meeting one of their friends, Thomas. "Hey guys! I was gonna walk in but I didn't see your humans inside." The brown cat said, rubbing his front leg.

After being rushed by the dark gray kitten, they had made it to their base. Kit quickly pushed through the vines blocking the door, walking inside then climbing the stairs. The base was an abandoned mansion, many too spooked to enter. And with the sound of cats meowing constantly, they made sure they were.

It was a safe haven for cats, mainly House Cats that were exploring instead of napping. River led the clan and protected everyone, sometimes a duty she takes on at the wrong times. They eventually scaled the stairs, making it into the ball room. Many cats surrounded them, filling each and every seat. River made her way to her seat, looking down at the cat. They had just become 3 years old and decided he wanted to do his name ceremony instantly. 

"MY FELLOW CATS! TODAY WE SEE THE TRANSFORMATION OF A KITTEN TO A CAT! LET YOU ALL BE MY WITNESS TO HIS NAMING." River announced proudly.

Kit watched intently. There were three challenges for the naming ceremony. Scaling a steep cliff side, entering dog territory and take one blue leaf, and swim across the lake that surrounds dog territory to get back. Most complete it eventually, even if it is their second or third try. Kit wanted to do it better than anyone else, so he watched, and watched, seeing everyone's strengths and weaknesses. 

"Boo!" A cat whispered in his ear. The dark gray kitten jumped back, noticed Sage and calmed down. She snickered at the sight of the panicked cat. Her fur was quite dusty, and she had herbs in her mouth. She placed them down and sat next to Kit.

"Another ceremony? Didn't we have one yesterday?" Sage questioned. "Yeah but since everyone turning three, there's a lot of them." Kit replied. 

They watched the ceremony happen, seeing the cat get his name and everything. Suddenly a cat ran inside. "HE'S BACK EVERYONE!" They yelled setting everyone on a panic. "Come on Kit we gotta help the others." Sage said, dragging along her apprentice.