Speak of The Devil

It had been a week since Kit's injury. He hated being bed-ridden and convinced Scruffy and Shadow to take him outside. Scruffy had been great company and came daily to talk for hours before heading back to his den. Fang never saw him and they liked it that way.

Somehow they got talking about their families and backgrounds.

"Well I never really remembered my parent's name. I ran away before I knew. I was surrounded by siblings and Mother said something about humans selling us off. I got scared and ran away and when I got back after a few days, the door was locked. As far as I knew, my siblings had been sold and Mother was pregnant again. I was lucky I left." 

"That's sad. I'm glad you made it out though!" The kitten said.

Scruffy nodded. Kit looked toward Shadow for her story and she looked away.

"At least you both remember your life's before this. All I remember is falling in river then being saved by Scruffy. I lost my memory from a concussion." Shadow said with a frown.

"Oh. All I remember was being taken by my humans. I was adopted when I was months old." Kit said.

"Your humans? I thought you were gonna stay! We like having you around!" Scruffy replied.

"I was gonna go home once I'm healed remember? I mean, I enjoy it here, but I belong with River and my friends." 

"KIT WHERE ARE YOU!?"

"River?" Kit questioned.

"Speak of the devil..."