Monster

Bruce led the group through the deep forest. They had picked up Fang's cats and were now heading back to the waterfall. Bruce hated the city. He was unfamiliar and felt he was inferior to the way smaller cats. He didn't like that. He definitely wasn't going back. However, he noticed Fang's unease. 

What is he planning? He's acting suspicious. Bruce thought.

"Something bothering you, Brucy?" A cat asked him curiously.

It was Scruffy. He had nicknamed most animals he met whether it's an enemy or friend. With Bruce he couldn't really tell. He referred to Shadow as Fancy Fur (since she's a tuxedo), Fang as Dad (in private settings), River as Blue Eyes, and now Bruce as Brucy. 

"What was that." Bruce responded unamused. 

"Brucy. It's your new nick-name!" Scruffy smiled. 

Bruce looked away. He told Fang that they should camp there for rest of the night, at least until sunrise. Fang of course agreed and they rested there.

—————————————————

Morning arrived and Scruffy was first awake. He left the camp and sat on a small cliff watching the sun come up. He heard rustling from behind him. 

"Hey Fancy Fur. You're up early." He said with a smile.

He was used to playing tough in front of others, hence him using nicknames in private. He was seen as a softie as a kit and was left to play with his sisters instead of his brothers. But, in front of friends and his technical family he felt more free.

Shadow let out a yawn. She laid her head on Scruffy's shoulders and purred. This wasn't a romantic gesture. Scruffy saw Shadow as a parent since she and Fang (non-romantic) basically raised him. Shadow felt the same. 

"You tired still? You can rest until Dad wakes up." 

She didn't respond. The siberian took the female back into the cave and let her rest, walking back to his ledge. He enjoyed the peace that surrounded him. He understood the dogs pride in such a territory. It was a shame most were to scared to go there and only went for their naming ceremonies.

He heard rustling again and groaned. 

"Fancy Fur I said sleep. I don't mi-"

The rustling stopped. Then got louder. That was bigger than a cat. Way bigger. 

The creature jumped from the bushes and almost tackled the cat. He began running. Cats were superior mentally, not physically. And whatever was trying to attack him was definitely better in strength. He sped away using whatever he could to avoid "it". 

His throat burned from the running and he felt he couldn't scream for help. 

WHERE WERE THEY !?  Scruffy asked himself.

He noticed a sharp thing in his path and made a swift jump over it. However he didn't expect to be chased while being surrounded by those sharp things. He couldn't escape them. But he did get a chance to breathe. 

"HELP ME! I'M BEING CHASED!" Scruffy yelled.

Bruce made it there the fastest. Hunters had set up traps and were planning on hunting. 

"What are those, Bruce!? And what do we do to get him away from them!? And what is chasing him!?" Fang yelled at the brown husky. 

"Shut up. I'm thinking."

"We'll do it faster! My friend is in danger!" Fang growled. 

"AVOID THOSE SHARP THINGS! THOSE ARE BEAR TRAPS! AND DON'T LET THE FOX TOUCH YOU!" Bruce yelled. 

He ran toward him and grabbed the cat as soon as he escaped the maze. The fox prepared to fight. Fur flew and the fox ran off with his bloody shoulder. 

"Let's head back.."

"Ok Bruce."