00

*SOULINE'S POV*

*SOULINE'S POV*

It's been five months since I've seen my parents.

They're coming back from Utah even though they just came back from Oregon.

They've always been gone for their jobs. It's always money, work, repeat. They have never once asked if I at least wanted to come with them. Visit at the least.

It's always been me by myself.  I don't have any siblings. When my mom got pregnant with me, the doctor said it was a miracle because of my mom's infertility.

My mom wasn't bothered by her infertility because she never wanted kids in the first place. When she found out she was pregnant, she wasn't surprised or happy about it, she just went along with it.

My father on the other hand, wasn't so happy. He wanted my mother to abort it at first but she soon convinced him that I would do good in their lives but now I'm just a thing in their life.

Growing up, I didn't have the normal childhood people had. I didn't have birthday parties or friends to hang out with.

I'm the girl that stays home all day in isolation. I didn't have any friends because my parents home schooled me. My best friend was my babysitter which was later fired because my parents thought she was stealing from us.

I grew up in reading books, listening to music, drinking slushees by myself. That's how life was everyday.

Now I'm 18. I'm still living with them but I don't really consider it living with them because I'm the only one who stays here while my parents work.

I would have moved out in June but my parents need me to watch over the house so I can't really do that.

I hear a knock on the door that interrupts my thoughts. That's them.

I take off my reading glasses and put my book down on the coffee counter.

I open the door expecting to see them but instead I'm greeted with a formal dressed women.

Red lipstick, curled blonde hair, high heels, knee length dress.

She's a bit shorter than me, I'm guessing 5'4 since I'm 5'7 but that's just an estimate.

Trying to fill in the silence, "Hello?" I question her.

"Can I speak with Souline Scarlet Sinclair?" The very pretty lady asks.

How does she even know my middle name. No one knows that except my parents.

"This is she?" I reply confused. I don't know who this woman is but I'm going to enjoy these moments while they last because I don't have any visitors that often except the mailman.

"M-may I come in?" She stutters holding her binder closer to her chest.

"Y-yeah yeah sure," I hold the door open so she has a path to come inside.