10

*KAYDEN'S POV*

What the fuck happened to her face?

She was perfectly fine yesterday, she was smiling. She was enthusiastic, she was happy and she didn't have those cuts and bruises.

When we were about to leave the carnival, I realized that I fucking forgot that it was the day my mom died.

My mom died 2 years ago from breast cancer. She's had it for about 2 years but then her body gave up on her and she died.

After she died, everything fell apart. I couldn't do anything, I didn't have anyone.

My dad isn't in the picture anymore since he was fucking cheating on mom the whole time as she was fighting the son of a bitch.

I felt guilty that I had fun and was smiling with Souline yesterday when it was the day mom died but that was the first time I was out on mom's death date. I've always stayed home.

I texted her once today, but the message turned green once I sent it so I don't think she got it.

I was surprised to see her today. She looked different.

When I saw her face today, I could see her black eye. The bruises on her cheeks. The marks on her neck. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Why would Souline have those kinds of marks in her body?

As I chased after her, she was panicking, trying to get out of there as soon as possible. She got a new car.

Her dream car.

Her hair is shorter, I could see some bangs coming out from under her beanie.

She's made a lot of changes every since yesterday.

I chased down her car, but she drove away too soon for me to catch up to her.

I walk back to the main track and see Austin running up to me.

"What's got you all riled up?" He questions my upset facial expression.

"Nothing." I grumble and I start walking to my car.

"Hello Kayden." I hear Noah scoff behind me. I turn around and see him smiling.

"Noah." I state. I see his arm wrapped around Kylie and her smirking at me.

"Hey Kayden," Kylie greets getting out of his hold and coming my way.

I slowly step back next to Austin. "Wow Noah, you were really close this time but still not enough," I shake my head and scoff.

"Shut the fuck up, you know damn well I can beat you in a race. I was distracted this time." He tries to excuse himself.

"Yet for the past 2 years, you keep saying that. You keep barking, no biting. So shut the fuck you incompetent motherfucker." I spit. I'm already irritated by his voice and I can see him turning red but it soon fades.

"I may not be biting at you, but I sure did to your girl." he smirks. My girl?

"What the hell are you talking about?" I seethe. I could see Austin on the side of my eye coming closer to me trying to calm me down.

"Did you have fun yesterday? At that carnival?" he questions innocently.

"How did you know I was there?" Is he a fucking stalker?

"I saw your little friend there. A gorgeous little thing isn't she?" he ignores my previous question.

"You stay the fuck away from her." I snarl. I see Kylie looking at him also in a questionable look.