04

*SOULINE'S POV*

When we finally get back to the diner's parking lot, we have to walk to the streets. We could've parked in the side of the street, but we went around the different roads and all of them were filled with cars.

"Kayden, lets go. What's taking so long," I groan because of how long Kayden is taking back at the car.

I'm holding all the clothes while Kayden holds both the tent and the dog food which is probably way too heavy.

I would've helped him with it but my hands are already full.

Oh who am I kidding? I wouldn't have helped him at all. Though, it doesn't even seem like he's struggling at all. He's literally walking normally.

"Carl! Hey!" I greet Carl as he's petting his dog. He spots me and stands up from where he was sitting.

"Hey! How y'all doing today," he questions. I love how positive he is.

"I'm doing good, and you?" I ask him. I can see the containers of food on the side of him and there half way finished.

Yay, I guess he liked my food.

"I'm doing fantastic since that breakfast, but i've gotta say, I am stuffed," he chuckles while holding his stomach.

I look at Kayden and see he's just staring at him. "Carl, so we went shopping today and got you a few things," I tell him. I give him the three bags of clothes and while he looks through it, he smiles widely.

"Give it to him," I mouth to Kayden. He rolls his eyes and sets down the tent and dog food right in front of him.

"Oh Lord! God Bless you! Thank you so much," he smiles so widely, I begin to smile. That's when I realize he was crying.

"Oh no Carl? Why're you crying?" I ask concerned. His dog is now sniffing the bag of dog food. Kayden walks forward and sets down a dog bowl. He opens the bag of dog food and starts pouring it into the bowl.

"I'm so happy. Thank you so much! And I didn't catch y'all's names?" He stated. 

"I'm Souline, Soul for short and that's Kayden, Kay for short." I say. I really don't know why I said that, but I am now gonna start calling him that.

"Beautiful names." He smiles. He sees the white beanie and takes off his old one. He puts it on and he looks even better than before.

"So what's your dogs' name?" I question. I'm guessing he's a pit bull and I bend down to bet him.

He so soft, "His name is Leo and he's a pit bull." So I was correct! "How old is he?" I question.

"He's 1, he just turned 1 a few days ago." Carl replies looking down at him. I see Kayden come into my view and bend down to pet Leo.

I want a dog now.

When I at the time on my watch, I see that it's 12:56.

"Well we better get going, it was nice meeting you Carl," I wave goodbye to him and start heading down the street.

"That was quick," Kayden says next to me. He's chewing his gum and made a small bubble with it.

"I know but my shift starts at 1 so I have to get going," I explain to him. I quickly speed walk trying to get to the diner.

"Where do you work?" Kayden asks while he stuffs his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket.

"Captain's Diner," I say quickly while pointing at the sign.

He looks up at the sign, "Do you know what time your shift ends?" he questions me.

"No, not really. I sorta forgot to ask Tate about that." I tell him. I really hope it's not that long. He furrows his eyebrows at me and takes his phone out. Then he drops his phone.