05

*KAYDEN'S POV*

Why the hell did I get mad at her? She literally asked me a question and what did I do, I kicked her out like a dumbass and watched her leave. She didn't even have a ride.

I mentally slap my forehead and realize she's probably somewhere around here being picked on by men.

I realize my fists are clenched by the thought of that.

I mean it's not a very bad neighborhood but if you go to the wrong places, there could be danger.

I look at my schedule and realize I didn't take my pills today. Ever since Kaycee died, Momma had to put me in therapy because I've been 'acting different'.

The therapist said I'm suffering from PTSD from Kaycee's death which causes my nightmares so everyday. I get set off pretty easily too so I have to take these pills to help me with it.

I forgot to take it the night I stayed and Soul's place. Now she knows about them. I don't know why I got so angry with here when she just asked a question.

There's something about her that makes her so intriguing and I can't keep myself away from her.

All I can think about is her hazel eyes, her dimples, her soft hair and just her.

I open the cabinet and put the pill into my mouth then soon after drinking water.

I grab my keys so I could look for Soul because there's no way she could be home right now since walking there is about 30 minutes. I really don't know why when the drive is 6 minutes away.

It's pretty cold out here and even though she has her hoodie, she forgot the one I let her have.

I grab it from the counter and start heading downstairs. Even though she only held the hoodie for 5 minutes, it smells like her.

When I head down to my car, I could see the guy who was gonna deliver Soul's Taco Bell.

"Christian right?" I call out to him making me grab his attention.

"Yeah, you're Kayden right?" He questions while looking on his phone to make sure.

"That would be me so what's the total?" I ask taking out my wallet trying to make this quick so I could find Soul.

"$15.53" He hands me the box and I hand him a 20 dollar bill.

I put the bag into the passenger seat and go over to the drivers seat. I could already smell the quesadilla.

I slowly start driving around Eastview trying to find her. I look down the street of Cannery and see a 711.

711 has slushees and you know what else has slushees, Souline's stomach.

I park my car in the front and I head to the drinks and slushees.

I already see Souline because her brown hoodie is up on her head. When I see her face, she has a frown while pulling down the lever to the flavor blueberry.

"Kayden?" She looks up. Her eyes literally shine in the light.

"How'd you see me?" I question. I was hiding behind the candy section and I did not think she could see me.

"I mean I could feel someone's eyes on me and that someone had to be you. That was kinda creepy, it was like you were a stalker. I'm just kidding, I don't have eye senses, I actually have to eyes behind my head and they're hidden in my hair."

I smile in response of her answer and grab a slushee cup myself. I could see her eyes brighten. "You want to drink slushees with me?" She asks.

"Who said that?" I say sarcastically. I guess she took it seriously and heads to the cashier.