06

*SOULINE'S POV*

"Hold still." Kayden tells me as he applies ointment onto my eyebrow.

"Don't tell me to hold still, you hold still," I challenge him while crossing my arms.

"Souline, I'm sorry okay, it's not my fault you were on top of me," he says apologetically.

"Yes it is! I cannot control how my body moves at night." I exclaim.

When we woke up today, I supposedly was laying on top of Kayden's chest and when he turned, I fell off the bed and hit my head on the night stand.

Oh yeah and today's by birthday! Kayden doesn't know that but whatever.

"Okay okay it's my fault. Jesus Christ." He sighs while twisting the cap back onto the ointment bottle.

"Do you have anything to do today?" I ask him getting up from sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Uh yeah, I have a couple things. But I have a race later and then you can meet Austin if you still wanna come with?" He states in a questionable way.

"Yeah, Im free this whole day so just call me when you're it's time," I tell him trying to put my hoodie on. I didn't really have any plans for my birthday so why not?

"Do you want me to drop you home? I'm already on my way out." He asks while putting his shoes on.

"That would be perfect thank you," I thank. I open the door for him and wait for him to get out.

Once he gets out of the penthouse, we head down to his car. I don't really remember a lot from last night but falling asleep at the beach.

He opens the car door for me as I say a quick thank you to him.

After a couple of minutes, we arrive at my apartment complex and he parks his car."You know, you don't have to come with me all the way up right?" I assure  him.

"Well there are some creeps all over here so you'll just have to deal with it." He says walking to the elevators.

He presses my floor level and leans against the handles for waiting for the elevators to go up.

He smells really good. That sounds really weird but he has this scent that smells masculine.

The elevator door rings and we both step out. We walk to my apartment number and I insert my key into the hole.

"So just text or call whenever the race is," I tell him while going inside my apartment.

"Yeah, I'll pick you up at about 5 or 6. It's in a really long time so there's no rush." He says. I nod and say a quick goodbye.

Once I close my door, I set my phone down on my nightstand and charge it.

I take off my clothes and go into the shower. I feel gross so I also put my work clothes into the washer.

Once I step inside the shower, I hiss as I feel the steaming hot water on my back. I think I have 3rd degree burns now. I turn the lever more to cold and I feel the water to make sure it's the right temperature.

After I take my shower, I go back into my room and put on sweatpants and a tank top. Once I go on my bed, I grab my phone and see I have multiple miss calls from a random number. So I call it back because it may be urgent.

Once I call the number, the person answers within the first ring.

"Hello this is Christina Miller from social services, how may I help you?" she greets with a really bored voice.

"Hey Christina, the is Souline Sinclair. You visited me about my parents a couple months ago and I realize that you've called me?" I question.

"Oh yes hi Souline! So I have an update on your parents. We've located their bodies from the forest and we were wondering if you were thinking about having a type of funeral or if you want them cremated." She explains. I'm kind of taken back by the sound of her voice. She sounds so enthusiastic about telling me about my dead parents bodies.