02

*SOULINE'S POV*

What is that?

My eyes hurt.

When I open my eyes, I am welcomed with sunlight shining through my curtains and into my eyes.

I think I'm blind now.

Yeah so that quick nap turned into a whole 9 hour sleep session so now it's the next day.

I have already finished with most of my stuff and unpacking. Now my apartment looks very organized which will probably last a week.

Here's my guess. On October 16, this apartment will be filled with hair all over the floor, rubber bands all over the desk and slushee cups on my nightstand.

Anyways, I need to get a job. Yes, Mama and Papa left a trust fund for me but I don't want to rely on that.

So when I head into the city, I find this diner with amazing food so why not?

The dinner was called Captain's Diner and it was right in the middle of the city so it was pretty well known.

When I walked up to the diner, there was a paper on the door that said they were hiring so you know what I did, I went inside.

*FLASHBACK
"Heya! Welcome to Captain's Diner. What can I get for ya!" the very enthusiastic waitress greeted me.

She was wearing roller skates and the uniform she was wearing was blue and pink.

"I heard that you guys were hiring people? I was just here to see if you have any more applications," I ask. She looks straight at me. Her eyes are bright blue and her hair is blonde but is a super light blonde, almost white.

I look at her name tag and it reads Tate.

"Oh yeah! Finally, we've been waiting for people to apply but I guess nobody wants to work here. Let me let you in on a little secret," she tells me while making these finger movements to come closer to her.

"We pay pretty good here too. 80 an hour," she whispers into my ear.

80?! Is that a lot? I don't really care because that's a lot to me wow!

"Oh wow thank you. I'll be back tomorrow to bring this back," I tell her.

"Oh yeah no problem. Take all the time you need," she waves here hands like she's fanning something.

I love her accent. I wish I had one.

"Thank you." I turn around and head out the door and start walking back to my apartment complex.
*END OF FLASHBACK

Now, I sit in front of the paper going over it for I think the fifteenth time just to make sure it's perfect.

I need this job. It's pretty hard to get good paying jobs especially in this area.

Oh. It asks if I have any special talents. Should I make some up?

Yeah I should. I need to make they reasonable though. Oh! I can do five cartwheels in 3 seconds. I can take care of 9 dogs at once and I can roller skate .

That sounds reasonable, right?

I read over it one last time and decide it's time to turn it in.

Wow, this sounds like I'm turning in a 50% grade essay.

I start walking down to the city. The walk is about 10 minutes so it isn't that far and it's manageable until I can get my car.

When I arrive, I open the door and a bell rings from on top of me. I could get used to that.