01

*SOULINE'S POV*

*SOULINE'S POV*

THREE MONTHS LATER*

I finally found the perfect apartment in Chicago. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room.

Even though I'm living alone, I still want extra space for myself.

As I load my final box into the moving truck, I look at the house one more time. I'm gonna miss it.

Most of the boxes are filled with pictures and memories with my parents. I don't think I'm gonna hang all of them up. I'm going to put the rest of them into a storage room.

Some of my boxes are just clothes but mostly hoodies. I have way too many hoodies than I realize and I really need to get it under control.

I sold the house to a new family in town. They have two kids and a dog. I think it's perfect for them. It was way too much space for me and it was very lonely when my parents had to leave.

I snap out of my thoughts and get inside the truck.

The drive to Chicago is about 8 hours. I don't think I can do it but I guess I'll have to make a bunch of mini stops because I need to start learning how to adapt by myself but I think I have that under control since I've always had to be by myself. They were barely ever home and I refused to have a babysitter.

Before I start my 'roadtrip', I stop by the gas station to get snacks.

Once I walk into the gas station, Tommy is as the register as always.

"Hey Tom, how's your morning?" I say loudly so he can hear me. I walk through the candy section and grab a pack of gummy worms and a Cookies n' Cream Hersheys bar.

I then head to the back and grab a slushee cup for myself.

"Same as always. How about you, any special occasions today?" He asks.

Awh, I just noticed that once I'll leave, I won't see Tommy anymore.

"Shit" I whisper under my breath. "Tommy, I forgot to tell you. I'm moving today," I inform him sadly as I fill up my cup with a blue raspberry slushee.

"You're moving! Hell, you're growing up aren't ya!" he chuckles.

"Well I gotta have a fresh start since mom and dad y'know?" I tell him and I head to the front of the register.

"Yeah, how are you holding up Sunshine?" he asks concerned.

Tom always called my Sunshine since the first time I ever came here. I had sunglasses with mini suns on it so ever since then, he's called me sunshine.

"Hm, how do you think? I'm moving today because
I want a fresh start, but you know they were barely at home for me to have a normal childhood," I tell him, having a small frown on my face.