006

"NOTHING MAKES SENSE" Briare said frustrated, she groaned as she flopped her head and arms stretched across their books.  

"Maybe it would if you paid attention in class," Lucius suggested plainly. His platinum blond hair had grown longer since Christmas and now is tied in a ponytail decorated with a black bow  Florence had insisted him to wear.

"Maybe it would if you didn't." Briare retorted making no sense, he raised an eyebrow with an unamused expression. "Besides, no one listens to potions, it's boring."

"I do agree with Briare." A  familiar voice added, Alexander Parkinson pulled out the chair that was opposite of her friend (Unfortunately it was next to Narcissa)and sat down. "Black, Grimrose, Malfoy." He acknowledged.

"Parkinson," Lucius replied swiftly. "Not to sound rude but what are you doing here?" 

"Oh helping you of course, what are you  youngsters doing?" He said pulling a book out from under the papers looking at the title. "Oh Amortentia, I remember doing this last year. What have you guys smelt?"

"Um... Slughorn likes to inform us about what we are learning next  lesson and tells us to write a paragraph about it, we haven't got to experience the effects of the potion yet." Florence told him causing him to sigh. 

"That's Sluggy for you." 

Florence, Lucius, and Narcissa glanced at each other, the seventh year took no notice of them. "Who do you think you're going to smell? Black?" 

She thought for a second, she didn't really know what she would smell. "I don't know" she admitted.

" Grimrose?"

"I'm not sure," Florence answered glancing at her.

"What about you Malfoy?"

"No idea." 

"Oh really? I heard  you and Black are engaged." He said.

"We got engaged because I didn't want to get married to Avery or anybody from his gang," Narcissa told him noticing the sudden change on the seventh year's face when she mentioned his name.

"Alright alright!" He threw his hands up in defeat. "What about you Briare?"

The girl had a soft pink blush settle across her cheeks, she blew a strand of hot pink hair off her face. "Don't know."

"Well, wouldn't you smell leather, men's cologne, pine and fresh air?" He suggested leaning in closer towards her,

"Um-"

"That's how I smell by the way," Alexander said smoothly not bothered about telling a bunch of sixth years how he smells like. 

Narcissa shot a quizzical look at Florence, who shrugged slightly, also weirded out, how did he know how he smelt?

Alexander caught the look on her face before simply saying "Clark" as if it explained it all, which it did.  Henry Clark was an openly gay seventh-year Gryffindor, who is a close friend to him, much to Avery's disapproval. He probably had a crush on Parkinson and told him that he had smelt him in the potion's fumes.

"I'm sorry Parkinson but you have to leave," Lucius told him, Alexander dramatically put a hand on his chest pretending to be heartbroken.

"But why Malfoy?"

"Your distracting us." 

"Oh I  know   being hot has its disadvantages, and you guys should finish your homework, I'm going to leave so I don't distract  you any longer." He said standing up. "If you need any help,  you can always go to me." He winked at Briare who flushed a  darker shade of pink before leaving.

Once the seventh year was out of earshot Florence leaned in towards the table so the others could hear her whispering. "What in Merlin's name was that?"

"No clue." She answered simultaneously as Briare dreamily sighed "I hope he likes me." 

They all looked at the girl with concern, "I  have a bad feeling about this." Florence said. 

So did Narcissa, but all she wanted for her friend was to be happy.

***

authors note
Weird short chapter, yes yes I know I know.