010

THE ASTRONOMY TOWER WAS freezing.  Narcissa gripped her coat tighter, she had told him to meet up at midnight and fifteen minutes had already passed with no sign of him. Perhaps this was a way Lucius was punishing her or testing if she actually wanted to apologise by making her wait in the cold. 

After deciding to wait for another five minutes, she turned to leave only to find herself face to face with Lucius. The wind whipped stray platinum blond strands from his ponytail across his face, his eyes were cold and he wore a thick black coat. His fingers were covered with a black leather glove, they curled over the silver snake head of his cane. (Florence had gifted it to him, it was a surprise  that  he was still using it, but then she noticed that its obsidian black orbs of eyes were gauged out.)

"Lucius." Narcissa breathed, and the boy just stared at her, waiting. She straightened herself and cleared her throat. "It's been a while."

Silence.

"I'm glad you decided to come, though you are a tad late but it's ok since I'm in the wrong here." She rambled laughing awkwardly.

"What's the purpose of this Narcissa?" He asked.

"Right... Well to put it in simple words...  I've missed you."  Narcissa said Lucius raised an eyebrow in question. "The reason it took so long for me to say this is  that I have been waiting for your apology and someone, oh you will never guess who made me realise that I should be apologising because this is all my fault." 

"Okay and?"  

"Its just I have taken you so for granted. You are my best friend, my twin flame and I guess because of that it made me  think that I could never lose you."

He probably did not expect this, he stayed quiet in a less cold manner and more accepting to listen to what she was saying manner.  

"And recently I have been excluding you from things and I need you to know it was never intentional. I did some thinking over our fight and I questioned myself 'Everyone else knew why couldn't he?' and I now know the answer to this. The answer is that your reaction is more important to me than the others. I could never forgive myself for falling for a girl if you do not like it.  I'm sorry that I hid this from you, I really hope that we can move past this and I really do hope you are okay with Florence and me because I am not breaking up with her anytime soon." 

Narcissa stopped taking a deep breath. Lucius stared at her, "I'm fine with it Cissy, I just feel like I'm not a  good friend if you really felt that you couldn't  tell me about it."

She shook her head, "You are my best friend, you sacrificed the possibility of finding the girl you love for me. You have been so kind to me and you are the only person who truly understands how hard it is to be a good enough kid to our parents. I am  truly sorry Lucius." 

He took a deep breath in, closing his eyes. "You better be." 

"I am, please believe me."

Lucius exhaled and opened his eyes. "I do."

Narcissa couldn't  help a smile spreading across her lips, " Really?"

"Unfortunately yes."

Now grinning she threw her arms over his shoulders hugging her. "Thank you."

He put a hand on her  back, "You have to make it up for me though."

"And what's that?" She asked letting go of him.

"You are sponsoring  my  future Hogsmeade   trips and taking  notes in all my classes."

"Even Astronomy?" Narcissa asked. 

"Even Astronomy." He answered earning a groan from her. She hated   Astronomy, she could never stay awake at midnight listening to the professor drone on about stars. She's surrounded by them enough in her family.

Lucius laughed and she grinned happy they were back to normal.  "Okay deal, only because I was being mean to you."

"You were very mean." He confirmed. 

"Okay, now that this is resolved can we go back to our dorms? It's freezing."

"Yes, and I  cannot  afford any eye bags on this beautiful face from lack of sleep."

"Okay, Lucius." She said with a laugh and they linked arms walking back.

*

a/n:  

Okay I am so sorry 😭 it's been like a year. I keep doing this I swear. It's a short chapter because act three is going to start which is the last act!

I actually have a  plan for this fic I  just have been procrastinating a lot and with the load of school, it's just been my last priority. But I updated it! I'll update the Act Three chapter and  I'll try finishing writing a couple chapters while I have this sudden boost.