008

a/n: slight trigger warning for a usage of a slur, it's only mentioned once as one character is telling the other what someone called them. I do not support the usage of the slur, unfortunately some of the characters are homophobic.

***

NARCISSA AND FLORENCE WENT on numerous dates together after Christmas, and as Valentine's day was approaching she was unsure if Florence was interested in becoming Narcissa's girlfriend.  Honestly she had no idea what they were and that  terrified her  because perhaps Florence only thought of them as friends who kiss every now and  then.

Everyone was getting in the mood for Valentines day, people were getting asked out, halls were being decorated, presents were being received. Personally, she did not understand the point of the day because shouldn't you show your love for someone daily?

Her friends were still unaware of what was going on even after the many inconsistent excuses  Florence and herself gave them so that they could spend  time together (Apart from Asteria of course).  They all sat in the common room in front of the fire (since Lucius isn't allowed in their dorm). Florence and Narcissa sat close to one another, cross-legged their knees touching, meanwhile Asteria sat on the fluffy Slytherin green carpet, Lucius on the couch closest to the fire and Briare chomped on biscuts covered in pink sugar. 

"So what are y'all doing tomorrow for Valentines day?" Asteria asked as she placed a heart shapped wax stamp to seal her 'Happy Valentine's day cards' into envelopes. 

"I was gonna spend Valentine's with Alexander." Briare said, to which Lucius muttered 'of course' 

"I also have a date." Asteria declared, "And I'm not going to tell you who it is yet, only that he's in Ravenclaw." 

"What about you?" Lucius asked looking at Florence.

Narcissa glanced at the brunette who was staring back at the boy cooly, "Cissy and I were actually going to hang out with each other, you know to make up the lost time last year." 

"Sorry Lucius." Narcissa added kindly, he shook his head.

"Unfortuantely, you two can't  rekindle your friendship as Cissy is not avaliable since we have to go out." 

"Uhm no you don't" Florence said with a scowl.

"We go every Valentine's day, its the day people report back to our parents on how we are going, we already planned it out remember?" Lucius asked nudging Narcissa who sighed softly in disappointment.

"It is pretty important,  you know how people are  like, they'll say anything to get on my parents good side. I chose Lucius to do this with him, so that I don't have to do it with someone like Avery." She looked at Florence who couldn't meet her gaze, she knew that the girl wanted to do something special for  Valentine's day.  

"Besides you and Narcissa have been spending an awful lot of  time together, we barely hang out alone." Lucius added unaware of the shift of energy in the room.

"I'm sorry." 

Narcissa felt guilt bubble within her, Florence moved her hand onto her knee so that the side of her hand  pressed into her knee. Narcissa quite liked the subtle touches they shared in public, it was nice knowing Florence  would always be there.  She now knew that it was ok.

"It's getting quite late, I'm going to head back to my dorm." Lucius said after a moment of silence, Asteria handed him a envelope wishing him a 'happy Valentine's day' as he headed out and Briare surprisingly gave him a cookie as well.