009

VALENTINES DAY IS THE WORST, Narcissa definitely isn't one of the people who overhype this day. She doesn't get what the point of it is, shouldn't you show your love for someone every day? However, Florence Grimrose is a completely different story.

Every year she heads down to the kitchens and bakes dozens of cookies decorated with pink and red icing with the help of the house-elves. She then packs them into boxes puts a bow on the lid and leaves them with the person's property with a nice note for people who are feeling lonely or haven't got anything yet.

Narcissa walked into her dorm spotting a box lying on her bed, smiling she picked it gently pushing it into her side bag. She then picked up the scarf she was looking for originally and wrapped it around her neck before leaving the room.  Today she was hanging out with Florence at Hogsmeade since both girls had no dates for that day. 

"Did you get my cookies?" Florence asked when she caught up to her, they hooked arms. 

"Yup, can't wait to try them."

"We can try them tonight!" Her friend burst out, confused she looked at her, the girl looked back at her. "We can have  a night picnic and stargaze too!" Her hazel-green eyes glittering with excitement.

"Yes! And we can get stuff for it once we reach Hogsmeade."

"Yes!!"

The two girls laughed throwing their heads back, today was going to be an excellent one.

***

THE TRIP ENDED UP WITH THEM SUGAR HIGH, the two girls first had a couple of rounds of butterbeer from Three Broomsticks, chatting away and laughing. That was until after Narcissa had taken her last sip Florence grabbed her hand and dragged her to Honeydukes. 

Normally she hated eating things with high sugar levels, but today, she and Florence raided the sweets shop, grabbing a couple of packets of every candy. The two then crashed onto a nearby bench with their arms full of lollies.

"Ready?" Narcissa asked grabbing the closest lolly to her, getting ready to launch it into the mouth of the brunette.

"Oui oui!" The girl said in french while leaning her head backward while opening her mouth.

With a flick of her wrist, she threw the lolly, Florence moved her head towards it, catching it she shot her arms up in the air in celebration.  She laughed as her friend did the same thing to her, they eventually finished ten packets of each candy. 

Getting sugar high is really weird, Narcissa's brain was like water sloshing around in her head.  The two girls were holding each others arms, everything seemed funny to them. Together they were laughing at anything that came into their eyesight.

"Narcissa? Florence?" A boy asked standing in front of the drunk-looking girls, his grey eyes blinking down at them. He wore a Slytherin scarf around his neck, and his black hair fell into his face. 

"Oh hello, Reggie!" She giggled, 

"Eggie, Reggie." Florence giggled with her.

"What's wrong with you two?" He looked at the piles of candy that surrounded the bench. "Oh never mind."

 "Mind  your language, Mr. Egg!" The brunette exclaimed popping a chocolate frog into her mouth, causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"Egg?"

"Yesh, Reg, Eg, get it?" She explained trying not to slur her words.

"Ok no more sugar for you two," Regulus told them off, he pulled out his wand and waved it over the rubbish. "Do you guys have a bag?" He asked gesturing to the pile of the lollies they couldn't finish.