005

NARCISSA USED A BROOM flood to Hogsmeade and then used a broom to fly to Hogwarts. She hadn't ridden one for years as it was not something that a 'proper' woman would do. Somehow she reached the Astronomy tower with the sun not even up yet.

A brunette woman stood by the railings of the tower,  her beret sat delicately on her head as her brown curls whipped around in the wind. 

"Florence!" Narcissa gasped blinking away tears. "We don't have to pretend anymore, everything is okay."

Florence turned her head around stiffly, a hazy look in her eyes.  It wasn't her.

"Are you okay?" She asked her starting to get worried.  

She didn't respond, just stared lifelessly  at Narcissa. Not knowing what to do, she reached out to grab her hand but Florence grabbed her wrist tightly.  

"Florence-" Narcissa gasped in shock, the brunette twisting it painfully.

"Step away." Florence spat and so Narcissa did. 

"My family said it's okay, us being together." She tried again. 

"Are you sure about that?" A voice said coldly from behind her.  

Four wands were pointed at her, the fifth at  Florence. Druella stared down at Narcissa she widened her eyes in fear. 

"I said its okay if it didn't distract you from being a perfect wife. But you have been distracted from the day  you have met  her." Her mother said menacingly. "A perfect wife wouldn't be involved in such... relationships."

"But its okay Cissy, we forgive you." Bellatrix said a crazy smile spreading across her  face, "Not all of us are strong enough to resist  a love spell." 

"It  wasn't a love spell"  Narcissa protested, "I love her."

"  What would the Dark Lord say about this? Your own husband" Her father hissed. She refrained from bursting out that Lucius was okay with it.

"I love her!"

"It's okay  Cissy, we're saving you."

" We might have forgiven you but  not her,"  Wallburga said, her wand pointed directly at Florence. "She has to be gone."

"I'm not under some spell. I love her! Trust me." She sobbed,

"It's okay, Cissy. You may  be free from your sins." Bellatrix said, her manic hair flapping in the wind. 

"No I love her!"

"Child, do be quiet." Druella said coldly, her blue eyes staring down at her. "You're going to wake up the school"

"DON'T TELL ME TO BE QUIET" Narcissa yelled, "I love-"

Caught off guard she watched in horror as Florence jumped off the tower, Narcissa ran up to the railings, gripping them tightly as she hoped that this all was not real. But there she was lying on the ground. Dead.

"Problem solved. Now you won't get distracted." Her mother whispered into her ear before vanishing into smoke.

It was the fastest she flew, she hopped onto her broom and flew to the ground. Narcissa ran to the spot where Florence lay and fell to her knees. She cradled her head softly in her lap. It was all her fault, she shouldn't have told her family about it, and she shouldn't have left Florence alone in the apartment.  While   Narcissa has never thankfully been under the Imperius, she was aware of how it felt and she could never imagine how alone and in pain Florence's last thoughts were.  

The last thing Florence had said to her was about her vanilla cookies and a joke about the dinner. Narcissa had laughed and taken a cookie right before flooing to the Malfoy Manor. She should have hugged her, kissed her, told her how  much she loved her. 

"Miss Black."

Narcissa looked up, her blond hair  messy, eyes bloodshoot, her silver dress from the dinner party was dirty and her mascara ran down her cheeks. Dumbledore  of course (she had a strong dislike for him ever since Regulus had told her that he had complained about his mum to her and he had called Wallburga to school, only making the situation worse)

"Sorry about this, I  can... I can fix this." She promised,  not knowing what to do next.

"I have sent an owl to the Aurors to take Florence away."

Narcissa frowned, "Why? She is coming with me."

"She can't." He told her. "Because she was unfortunately involved with Death Eaters, and death by them means the Aurors have possession of the body."

"Since when." She demanded.

"You  haven't been aware of this because I am sure your sister has  never told you what  happens to the people she murders."

Anger rushed through her body, "well Florence is not some muggle. She is a pureblood and deserves a proper funeral."

"Which she will. After a full examination." 

"She was under the curse, she didn't just jump off."

"I know." He said calmly, and she hated how unaffected he seemed. "Would you like to use my floo to return to your husband?"

Narcissa looked at Florence, her beret was no longer on her head, her lips were parted slightly and her eyes were opened lifelessly. She softly closed them, before resting her forehead on Florence's, it was still warm. 

"Okay. But I'm going when the Aurors take her away."

And Dumbledore did not argue at that. 

authors note: 
who have I planned to kill off since the start?? ding ding ding Florence Grimrose!!! Probs the only reason why I have been continuing this fanfic instead of abandoning it.