epilogue

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟏

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟏. 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀

Astoria was writing a letter to her dear friend back in England when she heard  Isaac greet the  Reader in their house. Astoria approached them carefully inspecting her. The last Reader that visited was a scam and was little to no help. 

This one carried a small brown suitcase with her and wore funky glasses.   She dropped the suitcase at the doorway to pull Astoria into a hug. 

"Oh."  She said surprised, but the woman did not let go for a good six seconds. "Would you like to see my child?"

"Why yes. That is why I am here." The Reader said with a laugh. Astoria forced a chuckle awkwardly glancing at Isaac who was a bit uncomfortable, but then again Readers tend to make him like that.

The child was awake, she lay in her cot waving her small hands around. Soft toys flying everywhere. Astoria rushed to her and picked her up causing all the toys to fall to the ground.

"Sorry for that," She apologised to the Reader.

"Persephone has started doing this a  lot recently. We had to shift all the heavy stuff out of  the room so she doesn't  hurt herself." Isaac explained, but the Reader did not respond, awkardly he continued. "She's been doing things magically that is beyond her age and we are not sure why."

The Reader approached Persephone cooing at her, and the baby laughed. She eventually turned back to face them. "Have you ever wondered to check her magical lineage?"

"What do you mean?" Astoria asked.

"You might want to ask your husband." The Reader says, her eyes twinkling. "I'll  give you some space."

The Reader walked out of the room shutting the door behind her, Astoria placed Persephone back down. "What does she mean Isaac?"

He avoids eye contact. "There is something I have been hiding."

Astoria raises her brows in question. "And that is?"

"In 1926, a pregnant lady with a five-year-old daughter died in childbirth. The daughter stays with her biological father while the recently born goes to an orphanage, so there is already a hatred built against her. Anyway, they both attend Hogwarts during the same period and they meet a couple of times. Years after, the woman gives birth to a son out of wedlock, while the boy starts dabbling with the dark side. When the son turns eight, the brother comes and kills the sister in front of him wanting to be the only living heir of  Slytherin. He tries to kill his nephew too, but he misses and he doesn't realise. The boy plays dead till he hears it's safe. He changes his identity and moves in with another family, ignoring the past." Isaac looks up from the ground. "The  child's  new name is Isaac Windsor."

Astoria frowned, "I am confused?"

"The man who murdered my mother is you-know-who."

She gasped loudly, "You're related to the Dark Lord?"

Isaac nodded shamefully, "And the heir to Slytherin."

"Then why did he want to kill you? Surely he would praise you." 

"Because he's not a  pureblood like I am. Like Persephone is." Isaac replied looking at the child.  "We're a better fit than he is to claim Slytherin."

"That's  why you were wary to get her magic read." She said realising.

Persephone's magic has been coming in bursts, and while it's normal for a magical child in a magic household to show signs early on, she had skills way beyond her age. 

"You-know-who told me right before he thought he did kill me, is that he would kill me if I told anyone that he murdered my mum. So I've been under hiding."

"Holy shit." She muttered to herself. 

"I am so sorry for not telling you. I didn't think Persephone  would be affected by it that  much."

"Were you?" She asked.

"I was quite strong at Dark arts at a  younger age. But  nothing as bad as Persephone."

Astoria sighed reaching out to hold his hand, "It's okay,  I get it, it's not your  fault."

Isaac smiled softly in response visibly more relaxed.  The parents turned around to face their child before gasping in horror. Persephone's eyes and her fingertips were glowing a sickeningly Avada Kedavra green. All the soft toys and clothes started floating, and Astoria felt herself lifting up as well.

And then it went dark. Everything landed on the ground with faint thumps, Astoria and Isaac stared at each other frozen and unsure of what to do. 

"I think something happened to the Dark Lord."