Something In There

i don't know the past tense of sh*t ok :')

___

"Hawks...I think you just laid an egg."

"Yeah, no shit sherlock."

Hawks tried to lift his head to see it but then winced in pain, and fell back against the bed.

"Bring it here," he said. Dabi - very slowly - walked over to him and placed the egg beside him. Hawks looked over it before hugging it closely. Dabi watched him, frowning a bit.

"So you're just fine with all this?"

"With all what?"

"The fact you just shat...no, shot. Shitted? A fucking egg out your ass."

Hawks held the egg tightly to his chest and smiled up at the villan. "I'm a bird. Ain't it normal? I was wondering when this was gonna happen-"

"You can't be serious." Dabi rubbed his temples, unable to think about what the hell was going on with so many thoughts buzzing around like bees in his head. The hero only shrugged.

"Maybe your dick went in different last night?"

Dabi felt the non-burned part of his cheeks turning red. "What do you mean different? I'll have you know, I only-"

C R A C K

Both of the men looked down and saw some of the egg shell had broken off. There was a long crack running down the side of it.

"Crap- it's breaking! What do we do?" Dabi looked unusually worried, but he was obviously not prepared to deal with a sloppy yolk mess on the floor, or even worse, - if there was something inside the egg - parenthood.

"Idiot, it's not breaking, it's..." Hawks managed to sit up and he stared at the egg in wonder. "It's hatching."

"Same thing."

"Really not."

"Well if you're the expert, then-"

"Pass me that blanket!"

Dabi was annoyed Hawks had ignored him, but he gave the bird what he had asked for. Well he hadn't actually asked, more like demanded, but still.

Hawks then wrapped the egg in the blanket and lifted it up to the ceiling.

"What on earth are you doing?" Dabi asked. Sure, he didn't know how to look after an egg but he was pretty sure you didn't hold them up like Simba.

"I'm seeing if it's alive," the hero said. He squinted at the light in his eyes and suddenly grinned widely. "There's something in there, Dabs!"