Hair That Pale

“It's okay, Dabi,” he tried to reassure the villan. “I know what you've-”

“Shut the fuck up! You don't know a damn thing.”

It was true though. Dabi may have…assaulted (what the heck lol) a few people in the past, but that was something he was greatly ashamed of, and he never spoke of those times. Most of the time he had been drunk when he had done it too, so it wasn't really his fault he couldn't control an urge, was it? At least that's what he told himself.

“I've connected the dots,” the hero went on.

“You didn't connect shit.”

“I've connected them.”

Dabi waved his hand in a shushing motion.
“Just shut up 'bout it. Lemme see the kid.”

Hawks gave Dabi a skeptical look, and Dabi glared at him. “What? I'm not going to do anything to it!”

So they both took a proper good look at the thing. It had those familiar bright golden eyes, and they couldn't see them at the moment, but the baby also had brilliant white angelic wings that Hawks had made sure to be careful with as he held it.

The hero observed quietly as Dabi smiled a bit when he pushed back the child's white bangs back.

“Hmm, how did it end up with hair that pale?” He said, glancing at Dabi. He already knew about the villan dying his hair black, but Dabi didn't know he knew, and Hawks couldn't help but smirk when Dabi shrugged.

“Dunno,” the villan said. “It's a mystery that will never be solved.”