The Egg: P2.2 - Dabi Can't Be Bothered

i'm back bitches.

___

"WAKE UP!"

Hato's eyes snapped open.

Ayo?

"Finally, you're awake." Hato looked over the side of the bed to see Keigo smiling and finger gunning him. "I mean, you're late." He then placed his hands on his hips and spoke in a serious voice. "Get up. Now."

Okay??

"That's some way to wake someone up..." Hato mumbled to himself. Hawks heard though, and snorted as he left the room. Hato was the only one who went to school at the moment, since Satori and Riku were too young.

After Hato got dressed and did a quick sort out of his bag and and shoved toast in his mouth, he went and got his coat from the front, where Hawks was already slipping on his hero jacket.

 "Ready to go?" He asked. Then he held up his hands. "Hang on a sec."

Hawks ran to his bedroom and grabbed a pillow, then whacked Dabi's sleeping face with it.

"Hey, what the hell? Let me sleep," the villan mumbled.

"Stop being lazy - it's way past wake up time, bitch. I'm taking Hato to school and going to work now, so you gotta look after the other kids."

Dabi pulled the covers over his head and groaned. "They can look after themselves for a few more hours, right?"

"No, they can not. And Rumi's coming to help babysit at eleven, so make sure to be ready. Tidy up the house a bit, do the dishes, I don't know."

"Ugh...fuck me."

"That's the spirit! Okay, love ya. Bye." Keigo kissed Touya on his head and dashed out of the room, needing to get Hato to school as soon as possible. When he found the boy again he grinned.

"Right, door or balcony?"

"Balcony!"

The hero smiled proudly at Hato's answer. They both grabbed their things and flew out of the house (why does that sound so reckless). Hato was pretty much perfect at flying now, so Hawks was completely sure that he was confident enough to leap off higher places(??), and he was.

Of course, since hardly anyone knew about The Number Two Hero having kids, Keigo could never go right up to the school - instead he would leave Hato a street away so that the boy could walk the rest of the way in through the gates.

And yes, it might have been a bit weird that a seven-year-old went to school 'all by himself,' and that his parents were never to be seen, and as well as going out with his friends, Hato wasn't allowed anyone over until Keigo and Touya decided what to do about themselves - their secret couldn't stay secret forever. It would have to get out one day.

Their parents meetings would always be arranged on a separate day as the other pupils so that no one would see the hero and his kid together except the teacher, and there was a very trustworthy teacher at Hato's school.

Fuyumi.

Keigo thought it quite convenient that his husband's younger sister be teaching their son. Because of that, there wouldn't be so much hassle when she found out about Hawks marrying a villan. (Yeah, just imagine having to meet with the Number Two Hero in secret because you teach his kid and he has kept his wife hidden from you because of 'classified reasons' but then one day he reveals to be your psychotic long lost older brother who is now a gay villan. Not a big deal, right?)